Chapter 56

|Jihee's P.O.V.|

We arrived at some other ice cream shop, which I hadn't been to in a while. I ordered a plain vanilla ice cream, and V got cookie dough. The two of us ended up sitting on a bench outside, and I started to eat.

"Ok, I wondered why everyone always goes to Ice Cold, but now I remembered that the ice cream there is way better." I said.

"Yeah, I agree, but whatever." V replied, and started to eat his ice cream. 

We both had no idea what to say to each other. Our relationship had changed so quickly, and now I knew why. We must have some really bad luck if all of this could happen to us in such a small period of time. 

"Wait, where did you get the bench from?" I asked. I didn't think about it before, but that bench wasn't in the clearing last time I was there.

"Oh... I, uh... I kinda stole it from the park..." V replied, and my eyes widened.

"Seriously?" I questioned.

"Yup..." V said, and I sighed. Wait... how did he get the bench from the park to the pond?

Actually, I don't even want to know...

"So... uh..." V said awkwardly.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked.

"Eat our ice cream." V said with his legendary rectangle smile.

"Well obviously..." I replied.

We stayed silent after that, and we headed home once we finished. I had to go back to get my bike, but luckily the pond wasn't too far away from the ice cream shop. 

Once I arrived, I wanted to talk to Jisung to see what he had to say about it, but I also just wanted to call Sora and talk for hours about what to do next. I ran upstairs and into my room, and then jumped onto my bed.

I decided to call her, and she picked up immediately.

"So, how'd it go?" She asked as soon as she answered. 

"Uh... good?" I replied. It wasn't that it wasn't good, but she was more excited about it than I was.

"So you know everything now." Sora said.

"Yeah."

"It was horrible to keep everything from you... but V wanted to explain everything, so I let him." Sora replied.

"I get it, but now I don't even know what to do..." I said.

"What do you mean?" Sora asked.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend again." I said.

"Oh... oh! OMO! WHAT DID YOU SAY?" Sora replied, slowly realizing what I had just said.

"What do you think?" I asked.

She thought for a second. "Did you say no?" Sora asked.

"No..."

"Then yes?" She asked excitedly.

"No, I said I'd think about it." I answered.

"Wait, why? He's done so much to get you back, and now you're just gonna leave him like that?" Sora asked.

"I don't know... I just don't know if I'll tell him my answer and regret it, I just need time to think about it." I explained. 

"I get your point... it must be a lot to think about." Sora replied.

"Thanks for understanding, I don't want everyone to be pressuring me to give Taehyung my answer before I'm ready." I said.

"Yeah, no big deal. But are you guys still going to be friends even if you say no?" Sora asked worriedly. "I'm tired of having to choose between you and BTS all the time."

"Yeah, of course! But I mean, it might be awkward, and that's okay." I replied.

"I get it, you just need time." Sora said.

"Exactly."

"If you need a friend to rant to, then don't even hesitate for a second to call me." Sora added.

The memories of my eomma's death flooded my brain. A warm tear fell down my cheek, and I hesitated to reply to Sora. I had pushed everything to the back of my mind for so long instead of dealing with it, and now it had decided to come back. 

"Gwenchana?" Sora asked, and I was brought back to the real world.

"Gwenchana..." I replied, and wiped the tears from my face.

"I gotta go now, so I'll text you later, and if not then I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!" Sora said, and I said bye right before she hung up.

I placed my phone down on my bed, and I sighed. The worst part was over... but what was I gonna choose? I wasn't sure that I wanted to say yes right now, but I didn't want to have to see Taehyung upset because he put in all that hard work, and then it just went to waste.

I heard a small knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, and Jisung walked in. I quickly sat up, and he tilted his head.

"What, do I have two heads?" He joked.

"No, I just need to talk to you." I replied in a serious tone.

"About what?" He asked, confused about what had made me so serious.

"Taehyung told me everything." I replied. "And I want to know why you did that."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You know which thing I'm talking about." I stated.

It took him a second, but he got it. "Oh... that..." He replied softly.

"Why?" I demanded. 

"Honestly... I have no idea. I was just angry that you were with him, and that he was friends with BTS-"

"That's not an excuse! He had nothing to do with whatever happened between the 6 of you, and apparently that's so secret that I can't even know at this point. I don't care what happened, but I'm glad that you guys put it into the past. Now, what's the real reason?" I demanded, this time even angrier.

"That's the truth, I just had a problem with him dating you! I thought that if you weren't dating him, then you wouldn't become friends with the rest of them." Jisung argued.

"Sure it is." I replied sarcastically.

"What happened to sticking together? That wasn't too long ago, you shouldn't have forgotten it already." Jisung asked.

"Normal siblings fight all the time, this is what normal siblings would be angry about." I replied.

"Fine, but I tried to help them and make up for it because I felt so horrible. I redeemed myself from that mistake, you've just got to accept it." Jisung said.

"No, you haven't redeemed yourself yet." I stated.

"Whatever, I forgive myself, you've just gotta do that part yourself. I know I made your life pretty crappy, but I did my part at fixing as much as I could, so don't put all the blame on me." Jisung argued, before slamming my door shut.

I was seething with anger at this point. The two of us had such a problematic relationship, and it really sucks. Everytime there's a situation that I should be able to look up to my oppa, of course he's the one I'm yelling at.

I wish there was a way that I could just snap my fingers and fix everything. Does that magic exist? I sure hope so. If it ever did, I would definitely use it.