Chapter 28

|Jihee's P.O.V.|

As I sat down at Bangtan's lunch table, they all said hi to me, and then went back to the conversation that they were having before.

"Yah! V, can you return my Mario game? I really want it back." Jin said. Sora and I exchanged glances. I told her everything over text last night, and I remembered playing. I didn't know Jin wanted his game back that badly.

"Yeah, that's fine, it's just gotta be right after school, I'm busy today." Tae said.

"Why are you busy?" RM asked. Usually, Tae was free most of the time, so it was weird for them to see him busy.

"I've just got stuff to do." Tae replied. A everyone exchanged glances, and we went on with our lunch.

• • •

It was a little while after school, probably an hour or two before sunset. I had decided to start reading my book again, and I had just barely opened to where I left off when my phone decided to go off. Who could it be now?

TaeTae✌️:
Can you meet me in front of the school?

Why did he want to meet me at the school? Didn't he say that he was busy?

Me:
Sure.

TaeTae✌️:
Ok! See ya! 😄

I put on my plain sneakers, and left the house. Luckily, Jisung didn't notice.

• • •

Once I approached the front entrance, I noticed Tae waiting for me.

"Yah!" I called out, and then he noticed me. Tae ran over excitedly. "How long were you waiting?" I asked.

"I texted you when I got here, so not too long." Tae replied.

"How'd you know that I'd even show up?" I asked jokingly.

"I kinda had a feeling you would. And if you didn't... then I'd just go to your house." Tae said.

"Yah!" I said, elbowing him. "Jisung would kill me!"

"I was kidding!" Tae said. "But come on, let's go inside!" Tae said.

The school was still open for kids to go and study, so we could just walk in through the front with no problems. There wasn't a lot of people here, and the people that did decide to show up for studying were only the seniors, who would be graduating in a few months.

I followed Tae all the way to our classroom, and we stepped inside. Tae walked over to his desk and sat on top of it.

"What are we even doing here?" I asked.

"This is where we first met." Tae said. I was about to object, but he started talking again before I could get one word out. "I know we met in that alley first... but that's not a good memory. And we didn't even really know each other until that first day in class, when the teacher made me sit next to you." Tae continued.

He motioned for me to sit down next to him at my desk, and I followed. I didn't know what he was trying to do, but I was just going along with it.