Chapter 25

|Taehyung's P.O.V.|

"Funny... I can't seem to talk today without someone interrupting me..." Jisung said, clenching his fists. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I just got here, but I can tell something's wrong." I said.

"Well maybe you should learn to mind your own business." Jisung threatened, stepping around Jihee to get to me. Why was he being so rude? I get that he had a problem with BTS in the past, but what was so bad about me that he just had to act that way? I really wasn't a bad guy if he had gotten to know me first.

"Tae's only moved here about a month ago, there's nothing he could have done to make you that pissed off with him!" Jihee argued, trying to block Jisung's way.

"Well what I was trying to say was that you should stop hanging out with BTS for reasons we both know of." Jisung said to her, referencing a certain topic. I kind of figured he didn't know that I knew.

"I know exactly what you're talking about, and I think she's fine. There's nothing wrong with hanging out with us." I said.

Jisung was taken aback, and turned to Jihee. "Why would you trust him with something like that?" He asked her angrily. I was starting to get a bit angry as well, but I was doing well at holding it in. I didn't want Jihee or Jisung to think that I was the type to blow up in someone's face over anything small like this.

"Because he's my friend, and he's been there more than you have, even though he's only been here for a month." Jihee said. It hurt my heart a bit as she said the word friend.

"Of course she can trust me, it's not like I have anything against her." I said.

"I think you should just leave us alone." Jihee said to Jisung, and motioned for me to follow her as she walked away from Jisung. I turned to follow, but then I was pulled back.

Jisung was giving me a death glare, and I shuddered. "You'd better watch out, if I were you." He whispered, pulling me close to him by the collar of my shirt. "And if you say a word about my past with Bangtan, you're dead."

"Tae, let's go!" Jihee stated. I turned around to face her, and Jihee dragged me away by my wrist. I followed her, and my face turned bright red. I was glad that she wasn't looking at me, or else I would have been super embarrassed. 

After that incident, we ended back at BTS' table. They all looked at us, and asked what happened.

"Nothing." We both said at the same time, and then looked to each other. The entire table laughed at that happening for the second time, and I looked away in embarrassment.

After that, we quickly went back to what we were doing, and it was almost as if nothing happened.

• • •

|Jihee's P.O.V.|

Hana took a deep breath. She knew something was wrong, everything just seemed so odd... but she couldn't quite grasp what it was. The house seemed way too quiet, and the atmosphere was just off in general.

I gasped. Was is true? Did she really die? No, it can't be...

She tightened her grasp on the door knob, and swung it open quickly. But as soon as she saw the dead body sprawled across the floor, she stumbled backwards. The cold, dead, body wasn't just anyone, it was Hana's mother. The only person in the world that mattered to her. Hana choked back tears as she-

Okay, that's it. I slammed the book closed, and I took a deep breath as my eyes started to water a bit. I always got too emotional when I read, don't judge me... but this part in the story was just too much. Why did all the good characters have to die? A few tears rolled down my face as I picked up the copy of the book and placed it on my desk.

When I got too emotional about stories, I just had to stop reading it for at least a few hours. And a few hours was at the least. Sometimes I couldn't pick up a book for a few days, or even a week. I just didn't want to be crying a river because someone died and the author made it too hard to handle.

I stood up to go put my book on my desk, when my phone starting to ring. I rushed over to it, and my heart skipped a beat. It was Taehyung, and he was trying to FaceTime me. Omo, I was crying just now! I couldn't not answer, so I wiped my tears and jumped back on to my bed before answering.

"Annyeong!" I said, waving.

"Annyeong! But are you okay? It looks like you've been crying." Taehyung said with a concerned tone.

God damn it... He noticed! I wiped the tears away again, but my face was still as red as a tomato. "Gwenchana... I was just reading this book, and I got super emotional when a character died just now..." I explained. But my attitude changed in less than a second when I actually started to think about what Tae was thinking.

What if he thought I was weird for crying? I mean, it's a fictional character, so why should I care? "B-but it's not s-something I usually c-cry over, it was just a really sad part!" I said in an attempt to cover it up.

"No, it's okay. Don't be ashamed, it's good to have an emotional side. Don't hide it or be embarrassed, that's what makes you Jihee." Taehyung said. My heart fluttered as he said that. Aww... He was too sweet sometimes. "I was just gonna check up on you to see if everything was okay from earlier."

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Jisung doesn't usually go to lunch, he just goes to the courtyard or somewhere else with his friends, I guess he decided to come back to the cafeteria today. I don't know why he decided to come back, but he did." I answered.

"And... You're still our friend right?" Taehyung asked a bit shyly.

"Of course! I wouldn't ditch you guys because Jisung said so." I replied, and Tae seemed relieved.

Tae laughed. "If you did leave, the others would sure miss you a lot." He added.

They would miss me? That's funny, I haven't really known them that long. "And even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to ditch you for long. Sora would drag me back because of J-Hope." I added.

Taehyung laughed at that. "Yeah... they're a cute couple."

"I've always wanted to be in a relationship like that..." I said, thinking out loud. Aish, why did I say that? What if Tae thinks that I'm trying to ask him out and thinks that I'm weird?

"Same here!" Taehyung adds. Phew... at least he didn't think that I was weird... But why would he? I was just over reacting, of course he wouldn't think that!

"And to think, one time Sora thought that J-Hope liked me because he asked her about me one day before class started... it's funny to see them together now." I said.

"Yeah..." Tae said in agreement. "Hey, do you wanna come over?" He asked.

"Sure." I said. "Annyeong!"

"Annyeong!" Taehyung said, before leaving the FaceTime call.

I grabbed my phone, and got ready to leave. Finally, I had a chance to leave the house. It was like I couldn't go anywhere anymore now that Jisung was home almost all the time.