Gods, Unicorns, and other random things at our mythological wedding

ANNABETH POV:

I got the best makeup artist, Aphrodite, doing my makeup for me for my wedding day. "It's still difficult to believe that you are not my daughter," she says, dabbing at my face with some strange-shaped sponge, "I've never seen a girl quite so beautiful... other than myself, of course. Athena must have married the God of Love and Beauty, perhaps."

"There is no God of Love and Beauty. Only you. Also, if my father was a God, then I'd be one, too, and not a demigod," I said. "Right, almost forgot you were a half-blood, your beauty blinded me," she said, taking a lipstick tube out of random case of many things I've never seen before. She uncapped the lipstick, and it was white. "I can't wear white lipstick!" I pointed out.

"No, silly girl. This is a magical lipstick. You just simply apply it onto your lips, and it turns into whatever color will suit you best. It just knows," she says, and applies it onto my lips. It turns a beautiful pink cherry sort of shade, and it compliments my grey eyes beautifully. I sit back, and let Aphrodite do her thing, while trying to calm down, and get rid of my wedding nerves.

I wasn't worried about marrying Percy, no, I know for sure that I'm making the best choice possible. But, I'm worried about all the details of the wedding. It's taking everything in me to sit here in one place, and not run downstairs and check on the centerpieces and the 'Wish' stand. 

***

Once she was done, and my wedding dress was on, I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. I was a picture of perfection. If I was vain, then I'd just marry myself. Piper rushed in, her mouth hanging wide open. "Mom! You've outdone yourself!" she squeals, hugging her mother. My mother runs in too, and sees me and smiles, "You look beautiful, Annabeth. And I know you, and how you are worrying about all the tiny details downstairs. I'm taking care of everything."

My eyes were tearing up, and that would've ruined my makeup if it was not for Aphrodite's everything-proof mascara. I can't believe my Mom even showed up to the wedding, and now she's actually being useful! I thought she would've just sat at the back for two minutes while we said our vows and then leave and be done with it - I am marrying her arch nemesis' son, after all. It makes me forgive her for every horrible thing she's done to me. 

My bridesmaids are Piper (the best maid), Hazel, Silena, Calypso, Thalia and Juniper. This wedding might just about be the biggest event I've ever hosted. It's being broadcast on Olympus, for the gods' sake. Zeus might be here to 'see what all the hype is about' and there may be other weird creatures gate-crashing as well, so we've got maximum security patrol. It makes me wonder how Percy is doing, if this is all too overwhelming for him. If he'd rather have a simple, plain wedding, and not... all of this. 

I vent to Piper, and she just calmly soothes me, convincing me it's my wedding nerves. But overall, I guess I really am excited. It's the biggest day of my life. And... I'm marrying Percy. I'm marrying Percy Jackson, Seaweed of all Brains, and he's going to be my husband. Husband. Oh gods, I'm going to have to get used to this. Not that I'll have a problem with it, obviously.

I walk downstairs, and the press is already hounding the gates, and one man who paid a whopping amount of drachmas to film our wedding for Olympus stalks up to me as fast possible. "Annabeth! Annabeth Chase soon to be Jackson! How are you feeling?" he asks. I smile into the camera and say, "Just great. I'm going to marry the person I've always loved." He grins, "A flawless answer. Talking about flawless, you look stunning. Can I just marry you myself?" he says jokingly, but still making me feel uncomfortable. I laugh hesitantly, before making some excuse for a touch-up or something to get away. 

We spent an enormous amount of money on this wedding, and were barely able to cover up the cost even with our sponsors. AND Percy's paying for our honeymoon, so we need all the cash we can get. I prep myself with my vows, and look ahead.