Going Back

A/N: This is my FIRST Percabeth fanfiction. This is Percy being worried about going back home after the war, so he goes to Annabeth's room and they talk and kiss. Very fluffy and cute Percabeth. Enjoy!

PERCY'S POV:

We were on our way home. To Camp Half-Blood. I haven't been there in a year, and it... everything scares me. Seeing my old friends, seeing Chiron, seeing my mom. I felt everything at once, excitement, anxiety and homesickness.

"Man, it's your go," a voice woke me up from my daze. "Oh yeah," I said, staring up at an impatient Leo who supposedly wasn't dead. We were playing a card game Leo invented, and it was great to pass time on the wait to go home. I was playing with Leo, Frank and Hazel and Piper sat by, silently watching and picking at her nails. Jason was busy flying the ship as we were on air, and Annabeth was... where was she? My gaze drifted down the hallway. Reading in her room, maybe. I wanted to go and see her, so I looked back at Leo, who was saying, "Any day before Christmas, dude."

I put my cards on the table and shook my head, "I have to go... see to some things. You guys can go on without me." Leo looked frustrated, "What?! No, we can't. We have to start all over again!" he kept yapping on about restarting the game, so I just slowly backed away from the table and went down the hall and called over my shoulder once, "Sorry!"

I stopped outside of Annabeth's room. The door was open, and sure enough, she was in there, reading something. "Hey," I said, walking in and closing the door behind me. She looked up, and a smile tugged at the corner of her lips when she saw me, "Hey. Come, sit." She patted the space next to her on her bed. I sat down, and stared at the wall.

"Look, don't be distressed about going back," she said. Annabeth never needed to ask what's wrong. She just knew. She knows more about me than I ever will, and she still likes me. "I'm not distressed," I said, "I'm just... nervous."

"That's the same thing, Seaweed Brain," she shook her head. "Right, I knew that," I said, "But I'm just... seeing my Mom again, will she hate me? For leaving so long?" I asked. "It wasn't your fault," she said. "I hope she gets that. And it's not just that. I don't want to see how it's affected everyone. Even though I know it isn't, I just feel like everything's my fault. I feel so guilty," I said.

Annabeth shook her head, "It's definitely left an impact, Percy, but it hasn't destroyed the camp. I can't say it didn't affect your Mom, but, I think she'll be more happy to see you, if anything. Everyone's going to be happy to see you, if anything. Maybe not everyone-"

"Clarisse," I cut her off and rolled my eyes at her name. "Well, duh. But who cares about her?" she said. I hugged Annabeth, "You always know what to say, Wise Girl." She smiled, and I kissed her, slowly, lingering on to every second. To my great luck, the door burst open and Leo yelled, "ANNABETH, WE'RE ALL GOING OUT FOR LUNCH IN MEXICO. Oh, get off each other! We were looking for you, Perce. So SHE was the reason you ditched us! I see how it is. Change your shirt, Annabeth, Mexicans don't celebrate Halloween."

Annabeth looked down at her shirt, and said, "It's a picture of a skeleton, Leo."

"Is it a Dia de los Muertos skeleton?" he said. "Whatever Leo," she said, getting off the bed and opening her closet. "Dia de what?" I asked, confused. "Day of the Dead, a Mexican holiday," Annabeth explained. "Okay, we land in Mexico in ten minutes. Remember, change your shirt. We latinos will appreciate it!" Leo left and closed the door. Annabeth took out a purple shirt and laid it on the bed, "Hope the color purple doesn't offend anyone," she said sarcastically.

I got off the bed, "I'll leave you to, you know," I said, making some weird gesture with my hands. "No, no it's okay. I still need to talk to you about something," she said. "But Annabeth..." I said. "If I cared, I would have kicked you out already," she said confidently.

"Okay," I said, sitting back down on the bed, and my pulse started going mad. "I was thinking... isn't seventeen the age you leave camp?" she said, grabbing the ends of her T-shirt. "I-It's eighteen, I think," I said, my mouth felt numb of words. "Ok, same difference. So I saw this really cool college, and they study a huge variety of courses," she said, lifting her shirt over her head and I felt my heart in my throat. My eyes still held hers, but I could still see her white, lacy bra with tiny white roses. "It studies both architecture and oceanography and marine biology, as it's by the sea. It's in California," she said.

Even though I felt distracted by... certain things, the university did interest me. "Is it far?" I asked. "From Long Island?" she asked, picking up her purple shirt off the bed. I nodded. "Seaweed Brain, it's on the other side of the country." I wanted to look down and hide my disappointment, but I just couldn't look down. "Well, there's Florida too," she said quickly. Looking amused by blank expression, she continued on, "Florida's a lot closer."

"Florida, then. You and me," I said, having the nerve to grin when she was topless. She seemed to be analyzing me, and that scared me, because when she does that she figures out everything I'm thinking. "And what do you think about these shorts, Percy? Do they really match my shirt?Because I'm thinking of changing them, now, to some dark jeans," she said, a teasing glint in her eye. "Take it easy on me, Wise Girl," I said, letting out a shaky laugh. It looked like she was blushing, but I couldn't tell. She bent down and kissed me, and a wave of boldness swept through me as I put a hand on her bare back and brought her closer to me. She settled herself on my lap, and then my heart rate started increasing again.

She ran her fingers through my hair, and just as we were getting somewhere, my favorite person, Leo, came through the door again, talking as he opened it. "Guys, it's been ten- woah, woah! Lock the door, at least! Save a guy's eyeballs!" he said, throwing his arm over eyes to unsee our promising position. Annabeth, quick as lightning, jumped off me, and put on her purple shirt before I could blink again. "Knock next time," she said, slipping into a pair of sneakers. "I think I'll have to," he said, "You... clothed now, Annabeth? Or do I still need to use this?" With his eyes still shut, Leo tapped on his watch, and a hologram of Coach Hedge yelling, "CUT THAT OUT! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!"

Annabeth grabbed Leo's hand and made the hologram disappear. He opened his eyes, and sighed of relief, "That last one was for you guys. I think everyone's still scarred from the stable incident. I know it's something that satyr will never forget. I don't blame him. Really guys, the stables?" Leo joked. "Gods, for the thousandth time this quest, we didn't do anything!" Annabeth said. "Yeah, but..." Percy started, than Annabeth shut him up with a stare. "We didn't do anything," Percy muttered quietly. "Sure," Leo rolled his eyes, "C'mon guys, you gotta disembark the ship. McDonalds awaits," he said. "I thought we were in Mexico?" Percy said questioningly. "We are. Take a joke, water boy," he said.

A/N: Yeah, that was long.... sorry guys. Next chapters will be shorter, hopefully. Please tell me if you want to see the fanart I drew! I'm a little proud inside ;) Review for more chapters!