First Make-Out Session

A/N:

Setting: Argo II, Mark of Athena, Just before they land in Rome

ANNABETH POV

I was sitting in my room, reading something about the Mark of Athena. It was a two day journey to Rome, so we would have to do the most inconvenient thing you could do whilst on a time sensitive quest: Do other activities that will help you pass time.

This is the perfect opportunity to catch up with Percy and really spend some very overdue time together, but Coach Hedge thought we'd be better off if Percy and Jason spend practically the entire day sword fighting for his entertainment. He said Percy and I needed some time apart since the stables' incident. That is the last thing we need.

I closed my book and put it on my desk next to Daedalus's laptop. I had been studying all I can about the Mark of Athena, and I so DO NOT want to follow it, but I have no choice, so I made sure I know everything. And I studied so quickly that there's nothing left to study.

Coach Hedge was being unfair by separating us, but he never said I couldn't WATCH Percy. Dagger at my hip, I go down to the sword fighting arena Leo built on the Argo II. Leo's doing some fixing up stuff on the ship, and Frank's in his room trying to completely master Chinese handcuffs.

I found Piper and Hazel both watching in the stands, and went to sit by them. I watched Percy and he realized I was standing there and he lost balance and Jason pointed his sword at him. 'I win!' he said happily.

'Congratulations, you are now 35 to 1,' Coach Hedge said. 'Jason's been doing really poorly,' Piper told me with a sad look on her face. 'Oh,' I said, realizing that I was what made Percy lose this match.

'Percy, how'd you lose? You got that match in the bag... If I knew any better, I'd say you were... distracted. You WERE distracted, weren't you?' said Coach Hedge. 'What?! No, that's crazy!' Percy defended. Coach Hedge looked around and spotted me, 'Hey, Chase! What're you doing here? I thought I told you to be three meters away from Jackson at all times today! That's your punishment!' Coach Hedge yelled. 'I AM three meters away,' I pointed out. Percy smirked.

Coach grunted. 'Whatever. But you distracted Aqua Boy over here. Jason, that match doesn't necessarily count now. Your back 35 to 0,' Coach confirmed. 'Aw, man!' Jason said, shaking his head. Piper sighed, 'He keeps trying to be better than Percy. I have no idea why,' she said. 'Boys are... very competitive,' I said.

'Only boys?' Hazel said, smiling and raising an eyebrow. 'Okay, I am, too,' I said smiling. We watched another 3 rounds of Jason getting his butt kicked and then Piper consoling him afterwards at their break.

'Chase. Come here,' Hedge ordered. I walked over to him but then stopped when I was 2 meters away from him. 'Come here!' he said again. 'I would, but then I wouldn't be 3 meters away from Percy,' I pointed out, as Percy was only one meter away from Coach Hedge. Coach snorted, 'Don't try be smart with me. Hey, Jackson, stand over there.' Percy went to the side to get a drink of water.

'Why are you carrying a dagger?' Coach Hedge asked. 'Shouldn't we be armed at all times, Coach? Monster threats are very serious aboard this boat. We must keep eyes open at all times,' I said. 'I KNOW that. But it's like you came here to fight, that's what caught Jackson off guard,' said Hedge.

'What are you implying?' I asked, raising an eyebrow. 'I'm trying to say that, well, I'm running out of good entertainment seeing Jackson beat that Grace boy a hundred times. I'm thinking that you might be a good match for him, challenge him. So I'm willing to let you off your sentence temporarily for the sake of my boredom,' Coach said bluntly.

'Oh. Okay. Should I tell Jason?' I asked. 'Nope. GRACE, YOUR BENCHED. CHASE IS GOING TO FIGHT JACKSON,' he screamed.

Percy's head turned around immediately when he heard this. 'What about the punishment, Coach?' he said, 'How am I supposed to fight her when I'm not even allowed to stand more than 3 meters close to her?' he said. 'Your punishment is lifted for the moment,' Coach explained. Percy nodded, 'Okay.'