Photo Booth Disaster

A/N: Most fetus Percabeth one-shot in this fanfic yet! I love it when Percabeth is all nervous and jittery in the beginning of their relationship. This is about three weeks into their dating. They are both sixteen and super shy. It's so cute! Unfortunately a little drama comes Percabeth's way, but it's funny drama. Enjoy!

PERCY POV

This Camp Half-Blood weekend, my Mom was planning to take me out to the summer Carnival in Montauk she takes me to every year. This year, Annabeth is my girlfriend, and I don't want to leave her behind on a weekend. So I'd asked my Mom if she could come with us, and my Mom obviously said yes. She loves Annabeth more than she loves me.

This time, Paul is with us, too. I think he came with us last year too. So Annabeth is getting ready in the Athena cabin, and I'm just counting the money I have just in case we need extra tickets. I put the cash in the back of my shorts pocket, put on some sneakers and walk out. Annabeth apparently was quicker than me at getting ready, because she was already outside my cabin, tapping her foot.

"Why do you take so long to get ready, Seaweed Brain?" she asked as I closed the door behind me. "Hey, it takes effort to get your hair to look like this!" I said, gesturing to my hair. "What? To make it look like you just survived a hurricane? Okay, I guess that takes effort," she said teasingly, and I rolled my eyes. She told me my hair was cute before. I knew she liked my hair. I knew it. 

Chiron trots up to us, "For how long will you be leaving camp?" he asked, holding a clipboard in his hand and in the other, a pencil. "I don't know. We're not really timing it," I said. "Just for the day. We'll be back by six latest," Annabeth confirmed. My Mom probably told her more than she told me about it. Not that I minded. I don't really remember stuff like that anyway.

Chiron scribbled down the details, and handed me the clipboard, "Okay, I need both of you to sign the bottom." It was a contract, for leaving the camp. I had to sign it every year I had been here on this day when I'd go for the carnival. The rules are: We are no longer Camp Half-Blood's responsibility for the period of time (blank) written above. If we get harmed or killed it is unfortunate.

I took Riptide out and signed the contract. I handed Riptide to Annabeth and she signed it too. I put the pen back in my pocket and Chiron took the clipboard, thanked us, and trotted away. We were leaving Camp Half-Blood, and were nearing the entrance, when we saw another person waiting there too. 

We were also supposed to wait at the entrance for my Mom and Paul. Annabeth looked at the girl, who was turned the other way. I tried studying her ponytail. I knew that ponytail. "It's Clarisse," Annabeth whispered to me. Clarisse, with ears of a hawk, immediately whipped around and her face contorted into a snarl. "Look who it is. Camp Half-Blood's 'it' couple going on a date!" she said teasingly.  

"No, we're not!" Annabeth said, crossing her arms. I looked at her with an expression that said, I thought it was a date. She looked back with an apologetic expression that I read as, I know. It's just Clarisse. I don't want the whole camp knowing. "What, then? Are you going to do another stupid quest?" Clarisse hissed.

"Just back off Clarisse," I said, trying to resist the urge to step in front of Annabeth protectively. She would slap me for thinking that she'd need protection. I know she doesn't, but still. "Oh come ON! Are you seriously worried about the whole camp finding out your on a DATE? Your such babies. Everyone knows your dating already," she said. 

Annabeth turned a deep shade of pink and turned her chin to look somewhere other than in Clarisse's direction. I saw Clarisse roll her eyes. In the distance, I saw my Mom and Paul walking up the hill, waving and yelling, "PERCY! ANNABETH!"

Soon enough, they pulled us out of the border of the camp and my Mom pulled me into a big hug. "I missed you!" she said. Then she pulled back and gave Annabeth a big hug too, "I missed you too, Annabeth!"