Just Marry Me Already

A/N: Good news I'm actually alive! I'm writing chapters again!

"Yeah I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time" - Taylor Swift.

Don't kill me for that 'What You Made Me Do' reference. My friend and I tore the entire music video apart piece by piece and like read into everything. Like, for example, when she's sitting in the bathtub full of money there's a dollar note in it because she sued a DJ or something once for one dollar.

But that's besides the point. Enjoy more Percabeth!

PERCY POV

When your a demigod, proposing can be a tricky thing. Why the heck is it impossible, literally impossible, for me to propose to Annabeth? Gods, I've tried so many times, and with my awesome luck, every proposal I manage to think up backfires. We just finished university, and for me, that means one thing. Marrying Annabeth. It's all I want to do, but I just can't seem to get the words 'Will you marry me' out of my mouth properly, nor show it in any act of love.

***

The first time I attempted proposing, it was at the beach. I thought it was perfect, me being the son of Poseidon, I could literally play with the water to make whatever I like, and have great control over it. It was sunset on Long Island, and I thought I'd do it at camp, where we had met and spent a lot of our time together and grown up together.

 The sea was particularly calm that day, and Annabeth looked perfect. Her blonde hair was tousled and slightly blowing with the breeze, the orange-pink sunset making it look auburn. She was wearing a pair of ripped denim shorts and one of my shirts she had borrowed because it's more comfortable for her. I'm nervous. I'm holding her hand, and I'm surprised she hasn't let go because of my gross, sweaty palms. My breathing is not even, and my chest is puffing in and out with my heartbeat. "Are you alright, Percy?" she asks me, looking worried.

"I'm fine. You just... you look great today," I said. "Aw, thanks," she said, staring out into the ocean. She was used to me showering her with compliments, so I guess she didn't sense anything too unusual. "I... I have something I want to talk to you about," I said. She turns her attention back towards me, concentrated. Why did I say it like that? I didn't want to speak with her about the concept, I wanted to ask the question. I tried to get past my first mistake, and I took a deep breath. In a couple of minutes, the water will form to create the question 'Will You Marry Me, Annabeth Chase?'. The ring box in my back pocket felt heavy.

"We've been together a really long time, and it's been the best years of my life... well, apart from... well, you know. But I can't be more thankful that your my girlfriend, and that your STILL my girlfriend, and I love you so -" Of course, I was interrupted.

By who, you ask? What terrible person could've ruined this moment? Not who. What. And what being a great white shark, leaping out of the ocean at that very moment, onto the sand. What the HELL was it doing in shallow waters? In Camp Half-Blood, the only monster-free zone in America?

"Are you freaking kidding me!" I yelled at the shark. It stopped for a moment, and I think it shrugged. Then it went onto full attack-mode, snapping at us and flopping around on the beach. I took Riptide out of my pocket and uncapped it, and slashed the shark in half, and disappeared it into ash. Definitely a monster, or some kind of eidolon-possessed shark. The fighting took a total of twenty minutes, the twenty minutes I could've made my engagement to Annabeth official. Damn that shark. Chiron called us shortly after for the campfire of course. First attempt, failed.

***

The second time I attempted proposing, it was at Annabeth's favorite restaurant - no, not Taco Bell. It was at Annabeth's favorite fancy restaurant on our 79th month anniversary (ohmygods, yes, after all these years Annabeth is still into this anniversary every month thing). In our desserts, a blue chocolate mousse (yes they had those), Annabeth was surely to stumble across a very expensive, shiny ring, where I'd take a napkin and clean it and give my speech and hopefully, if she says yes, put it on her finger.