Just Marry Me Already

Start from the beginning

Her mouth was full of spaghetti when she said, "I can't remember the last time you took me somewhere this nice for one our months anniversaries. The food here is amazing, and you've done everything so perfectly. Dare I say it, this just about tops our one month anniversary in Paris when we were sixteen," she said. "Really?" I said. She nodded. This is good news.

The mousse arrived shortly after we finished up our gourmet spaghetti, and Annabeth dove in. "This is literally the best mousse I've ever had," she said. "I hope so," I said, glancing up at her. I took a spoon of the mousse. It WAS good. It was perfect at the top, hard but not too solid, and was very soft in the inside with a creamy center. And it was blue, best of all. I was so focused on the food, for a moment, I totally forgot about the ring, which had made my heart skip several beats a couple of seconds ago. I dipped into the dark blue creamy center, and put one huge spoon in my mouth.

Suddenly, something hard jabbed the back of my throat. Before I knew it, I was choking up the mousse into my napkin. "Ohmygods, Percy! Are you okay!?" Annabeth asks, patting my back. The waiter immediately hurries over, "Sir, are you okay?" he said. I'm gagging and gasping, holding my chest tightly. You couldn't ask for a more embarrassing moment. The entire restaurant was watching. This was not the moment I'd have thought they'd all been watching. I'm pretty sure I knew what was choking me, just my luck.

"Get... me... glass...water...please," I say in between coughs. "You heard him! A glass of water!" Annabeth says, making the waiter run for his life and bring back water as fast as he could. I gulped down the water, and controlled it to make it pull the ring out of my throat, and I spat it into the napkin. Oh gods, I couldn't propose at all. Not without giving the ring a PROPER cleaning than with just a napkin, and not after this totally embarrassing incident.

Of course they had to mix up the mousses. Worst thing, she was laughing at me the whole way home. I was really frustrated that day. I kept looking at her and thinking, Why can't I just marry you already? 

***

The third and final time I attempted proposing, it was in Ancient Greece with the seven, after we had just finished a short, but important, quest. It was gorgeous here, and the idea of proposing hasn't really popped into my mind. But I always carried the ring (now properly cleaned) around everywhere, just in case of any spontaneous moments and ideas. Not that any of my ideas ever really worked.

I had spoken to Jason, Leo and Frank about the proposal. Apparently, it's too early for all of them to really think about marriage right now, but I've always known that I wanted to marry Annabeth since I was sixteen. We were eating a celebratory lunch after the quest, Annabeth sitting right across from me. I was staring at her, trying to think of new ways I could propose when we got home, and something smart like Annabeth would do, something that would definitely work out for me.

The sunlight overhead was hitting her blonde hair making it look golden, and I have to tell you, it looks even more beautiful than when it looks auburn. Her laugh is light and full of air, just like when we're kissing and I manage to surprise her. I want to kiss her right now. I think Jason sees me staring because he elbows me and says, "Dude. Just do it."

Annabeth looks to me and raises an eyebrow suspiciously, "Do what?" she asks. I hesitate. "Nothing," I say quickly. "Okayyy then. Percy, can you pass me some fruits?" she asks, gesturing to the fruit bowl. Then something clicks in my mind. I remember Annabeth telling me when we were still training in camp that throwing an apple to a girl in Ancient Greece is a marriage proposal. I grabbed an apple and threw it to her. Of course, Leo, again my favorite person, was throwing an orange at Frank to annoy him at the same moment I was sort of proposing to Annabeth. The orange flew across the table and collided with the apple, both of them falling back to the middle of the table from the stupid impact. I groaned. I looked over to see Annabeth was groaning too. But why?

Suddenly, she grabbed the apple from the middle of the table, and threw it to me. "Seaweed Brain, catch!" she shouts, and I catch the apple in midair. Everyone gasps, and I stare at her, wide-eyed and my mouth dumbly hanging open like a fish. All the greek women sitting nearby to our table start whispering and not 'Whoo!' ing, probably because it was Annabeth who threw the apple to me. Of course she knows what she just did, she's obviously aware. C'mon, she's Annabeth. It's Wise Girl.

I gain confirmation from myself that she knows what she's doing when she's grinning at me, and says, "So you got a ring for me or what?"

I get up and jump over the table onto the other side, and everyone is silent, eyes trained on us. "I had a speech and everything," I said, getting the ring out of my back pocket. She's still smiling, "Go on then."

"Annabeth, you and I have known each other since we were twelve. We've had so many adventures together, and your my best friend, and the only person who I'd solely trust with my life and more. Our friendship has blossomed into something so much more, and I feel like I'm the luckiest guy in the world, for you to be mine, Wise Girl. And I always want you to be mine. Forever. Permanently. I love you so much. I would ask you the question, but since you threw the apple - yes, of course, absolutely 100% I will marry you!" I said. Her eyes we watering, and it made my heart melt to see that I had done that to her. 

I slipped the ring on her finger, finally, and she threw her arms around me and we kissed. It was perfect. The sound of everyone's cheers rang in my ears, but all I could focus on was her. The world around me blurred as my fiance ran her fingers through my hair and let her lips move with mine. We pulled apart, our foreheads rested against each other, panting loudly from that long, yet too short, kiss. "How did you know I was going to propose?" I asked. "I'm your Wise Girl, remember?" she says. I laughed, "You know, I had always thought I would be the one to propose."

"I always beat you to everything, Seaweed Brain."

"You do, Wise Girl. I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N: Oh gods so fluffy! Comment what your favorite part was for another chapter!