17 » serendipity

To say that he cared about her was an understatement. He loved her, with every fibre of his being, to the point where he would sacrifice his own happiness just to see her happy. Sadly, the said girl didn't return his feelings in that way―nor she ever thought about sharing feelings in romantic way with him.

Countless time he had thought about confessing his feelings to her. But then he saw how her eyes sparked when she talked to Taehyung, and that created pain in his chest. He was happy to see her gleeful smile, but at the same time, he wanted to be the reason behind her happiness.

Years by years passed, Jimin had adjusted himself in his own live, trying to forget her existence. Because sometimes it's the memories we miss, not the person―or so he thought.

However, things didn't work that way for him.

Because even now, his heart still accelerate whenever he saw that doe eyes, gazing back at him with a smile he always wanted to protect. Chaerin sat across from him, drinking a cup of tea. Even the simplest action she did was enough to make his heart gone wild. He had missed her, a lot.

"S―So, how are you with Taehyung?" Jimin questioned as he took off his coat before slicing the cheese cake he had ordered. The original plan was to bring it home, but then he thought it would be nice if he could spend a few moments with her. Although each second they spent was killing him internally.

Chaerin's ears perked at his question, almost choked on her tea. "How did you know I'm with Taehyung? I mean, we didn't enroll to the same high school, right?" She asked, placing the cup on round table in between them.

Jimin was about to take a bite of his cheese cake but decided to answer her question first. "Well, actually, there's this one time when I passed your school and saw you together with him," he lied. It was not only 'one time'. He visited every once in a while just to see how she was doing, secretly, like a crazy stalker but he could care less. Besides, Jimin wouldn't assume they're dating just with one observation.

Chaerin frowned as her mouth quivered down. "You should've dropped a hi or something! I missed you. Your mother told me that you're studying abroad, and I was so devastated when I found out the truth. You didn't even say a goodbye or at least a letter!" She whined and Jimin smiled nervously.

"I didn't want to ruin your moment with him, you know." He winked and laughed. "Anyways, Chaerin..." He trailed off, contemplating whether to continue his words or not.

"Yes?"

"...Nevermind." He smiled sheepishly and scratched his cheek. If I hadn't gone to study abroad, would you have fell for me instead? Was the question he wanted to ask. He decided to not to because that would make things even more complicated. Talking to her like this was already enough for him.

"Aw, you party pooper. Don't leave me hanging." Chaerin pout while he just chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I forgot what I wanted to say. Maybe next time if we ever meet again?" He asked as silence momentarily veiled them, the sound of droplets falling onto the ground outside became more audible, followed by thunder but it didn't bother the two.

"What do you mean by if? Of course, we'll! Now that I've met you again, I won't let you go just like that. We're friends, right?" She grinned, warmth radiated through his body because of that soft smile of her, the smile he had been sought for in those gloomy years.

"You're right," he murmured, staring at the cheese cake he had taken a bite earlier while smiling. Each word that came out from her mouth was magic.

The bells rang once again, indicating a new customer had entered the cafe. Chaerin groaned and stood up from her seat, getting ready to serve the customer. "I'm sorry, Jimin, but please wait for a while." She clasped both of her hand in front of her chest, shutting her eyes apologetically.

Jimin just nodded and she immediately rushed to the counter, began serving the customer with a smile.

Jimin smiled as he admired how she politely serve them, smiling while offering the products. But also at the same time, a heavy weight hit his chest hardly, just like how the downpour outside collided with the ground.

Loving her was his serendipity.

a/n; next chapter will have some chaerin x tae ;3; finally. I'm so sorry if this is so boring smhh.

Serendipity; fortunate accident.