27 » parallel world

" ― Taehyung?!" Her eyes widened in disbelief. It was rare to see Taehyung in her workplace since he's not the type to go out a lot. Usually, he'd come only in some occasion like maybe during rainy day and Chaerin forgot her umbrella, he'd come and fetch her.

He averted his gaze, eyes roamed around the empty cafe while digging his hoodie pocket to find his smartphone. Afterwards, his eyes were darted to the screen and typed something.

A moment after, Chaerin's phone vibrated in her pocket which she quickly pulled out to check whatever notification that caused the vibration.

She took a strand of her tangled hair and tucked it behind her ear, so her vision would be clearer to read the message.

'I heard there's a festival tonight so I think it'll be nice if we can go together - Tae.' She read the message in her head, which made a chuckle left her mouth after reading it.

It was just so cute how they only stood a few centimetres away yet he used the texting application to deliver his voice although he could've just shown his notepad as usual. That's actually a habit that he has whenever he gets shy after a fight and Chaerin surely already knew that part of him. Even until today, she still found it cute how Taehyung would timidly send a text message just because he's too shy to approach her.

The anxiety in her heart was washed away with that one cute act. That's also a part of him that she loved; the way he could brighten someone's day just by existing was amazing. It was a gift.

"Wait for me, Tae. I'll be back in a few secs," she replied and then proceeded to the staff room to change her clothes. Chaerin could not stop smirking like an idiot while changing. She kind of felt so stupid for thinking their relationship would end just like that. Now she remembers how they will just find a way for a better tomorrow.

She danced under the amber lights of the lanterns around them, happily scanning through each food stall and the savoury aroma from the row of food stalls made her drools at the tantalizing smell.

Almost to every stall there, she'd come forward to see what they have to offer as the sellers would try their best to advertise their products to her. Since she was happy that night, she decided to buy a lot of snacks to celebrate the joyous and merry night. After all, festival literally means food in her own dictionary. It would be weird to walk in a festival without a food in her hand.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was smiling non-stop, seeing how beautiful his girlfriend was being so cheerful while skipping along with foods in her arm just like a five years old.

Everything had become so dazzling for him ― realizing how much he would've loss if his girlfriend did not manage to save him that night. And staring at the girl before him being innocent and showing kindness by sharing her foods with children there softened his heart. She was indeed a blessing given to him by heavens above just when he was starting to lose faith in humanity.

He might look positive and all, but of course everyone has their breakdown points and that did not exclude Taehyung. As a sentient life form ― a human ― surely he still has fragile heart that could be hurt easily as well, and just like any other people, he needed someone to give him moral supports aside from his family. His girlfriend was just the right person to give that type of support to complete him.

Just like this ― sitting side by side above the dark filtered young grass near a lake was enough to make him feel alive once again. The fireworks they were witnessing shone brightly in the night sky in everyone else's eyes, but for him, her side profile was the best thing to look at right now.

He wanted nothing else but her presence; he needed her.

The fireworks continued popping, making loud noises above but those were completely muted for him, his eyes never left Chaerin even for a few second. He just wanted to use this moment for healing after the thunderstorm they had went through but somehow managed to go out together.

The crestfallen sky with no stars hanging onto finally was fully coated in dark once again with traces of smoke dispersing into the thin air. The grey full moon was all alone that night, maybe in some other part of this world, wolves were kind enough to give their best at performing midnight orchestra ― howls ― to accompany the lonely moon.

And with the fireworks stopped blooming in the sky, it's also a cue that the festival had ended that night. Now it's the time for the fireflies and other animals to take the spotlight, doing their jobs.

"Aw, it ended already," Chaerin commented once the sky was clear. She turned to face Taehyung just to see her boyfriend smiling in delight, causing her cheeks to get tinted by the red hues her body produced. "T ― Tae, why are you staring at me like that? How long have you been staring at me?!" She inquired while Taehyung did not give an answer. He stayed in his state and keep admiring the wonderful girlfriend he has.

But after Chaerin pinched his cheek, he finally gave in and began typing on the keypad of his smartphone.

'I just feel so grateful to have you, Chaerin. And do you know pararell world?' The message read and Chaerin bobbed her head at it.

"I do, but I wonder if that side really exists." She chuckled.

'Well, if it does exist, then the parallel version of us must be jealous! You know, if we're happy and dating here, then they must be not in not-so-good terms, that's really sad because the other me cannot be with Chaerin.' He replied and her heart instantly melt at his innocence.

She smiled widely. "That means we need to love each other even more because you know, many people out there said the power of love is amazing and who knows if it's true, then we can give enough fuel for our other selves to start their relationship."

Taehyung's mouth shaped into an o as he nodded several times. 'You're right, we should definitely to that! You're brilliant, Chaerin. I love you the most.' He grinned while showing the phone screen.

She laughed softly at the heartwarming message and answered, "I love you too, Kim Taehyung."

But what if, just a what if, parallel universe does exist after all? And the craziest thing it might be actually revolving around us ― just a few centimetres, or maybe metres away.

One happy, and the other one miserable.

Jimin and Chaerin lived in the same universe yet at the same time, they did not. Park Jimin was like the parallel version of her.

When she's happy with Taehyung, he was there watching from behind although his heart was sacrificed just to feel agonizing pain. Her happiness was his happiness, at the same time, his sadness was caused by her happiness with another person.

Just for that night, he became the lone wolf, gazing at the moon, yearning for the love he sought of, howls become the sound of his heart screaming because of the excruciating pain.

He was all alone in a lonely night.