45 » chaerin

Double update! Please don't skip chapter 44! :) last chapter for yall

* * *

Kwon... Chaerin...

Kim Taehyung.

* * *

KWON CHAERIN.

The sky was not smiling.

Kim Taehyung ― when he first came to my life, I had never expected things would be like this. Who would ever thought a cute boy with such nice smile ended up being my lover? The boy whom I treated in the worst way possible back then, the only person who ever casted a genuine smile to me, the first person who gave me flower to cheer me up, the one that always apologize for a thing that was not even his fault, the one who had went through all hardships the world bestowed to him.

But he was now buried six feet under layers of soil, under these grasses and petals. My hands were clutched to the muddy soil as if it was the only that exist, as if my life was depending on that one grasp.

He was there. My home, sleeping solemnly under the ground. What's the point of living if you don't have somewhere to return to?

The time had stopped for me, I had stopped breathing. The clock ticked, but I just exist.

It felt like... the moment when we exchanged gaze on that rainy day was also when time began ticking once again, my lungs had started working again. However, our meeting was short-lived.

He now really became one of the stars, the moon, the sun, the sunlight, or whatever it was; he was no longer the embodiment of the word universe for me. He, himself, was now the universe. I have faith in him.

"Chaerin..." a voice called and I stood up, spinning my body just to see Jimin in his black suit, his forehead formed creases and eye bags were visible beneath his red eyes. "Do you... hate me now?"

I shook my head and gave him an assuring smile. "No, I can't hate you, Jimin. It's alright, you are not in the fault," I answered, turning my body from him and faced the sky. "But it might take time for me to be able to trust you again, Jimin. I want to trust you again and I will. You are a precious friend of mine. Please give me time to process everything."

"Thank you, Chaerin, and goodbye for now." I looked over my shoulder to see Jimin slowly walking out of the cemetery, his head hanging low.

'Goodbye, Jiminnie.' With all the events that had happened, I believe we both knew we were not going to see each other as we did before, and staying away from each other would probably be the best thing to do. Although honestly, I did not mad at him nor had desire to unfriend him or anything. I wish we could work things out and be in a good term again.

The wind swayed my hair to its direction, the gray clouds prevented me from seeing the sun. 'I miss you, Taehyung.' It was suffocating, but I somehow did not cry. I had this lonely and cold feelings, yet at the same time, I felt so safe and loved.

"It's alright. From today onwards, I'm going to be the sunlight that greets you in the morning, I'll be the moon during night and brighten the sky if the stars are hiding, I will be sun that will warm your body, I will be rainbow that comes out after rain. If it means to stay by your side, I willing to come in any form, love." It was unbelievable and crazy. I jumped a little bit when I felt warmth radiating through my body.

My hands trembled as I reached out to the palm that was hugging my from the back. I could not touch it, yet it felt so warm. My mouth open ajar as I slowly turn my body just to face Taehyung wearing a white shirt.

And he could speak.

"T― Tae? Is that really you?" My eyes almost popped out from its sockets in disbelief.

"Yes. Thank you so much for not crying. It makes me feel relieved." His eyes formed crescents when he smiled, and with that white attire, he looked ethereal and pure.

His voice was soulful, it gave me comfort and that I'm home feeling. It soothed my emotions and made me feel completed.

"Your voice. I am happy to be able to hear it, Tae. It's just like what I've imagined." I smiled in delight.

"Kwon Chaerin," he called as he lowered his face, I could feel his smirk.

"Yes?"

"Kwon Chaerin, Kwon Chaerin, Chaerin, Chaerinnie~" he sung and then tackled me with a hug. "I've always wanted to call your name with my voice. And oh, I love you!"

There was no tears; our moments were only filled happiness.

I pouted at him. "It's very unfair the fact that you can touch me but I cannot! Cheater Tae." He let out a heartwarming chuckle at that.

"That's great, right? That means I can hold sexy girls out there without them knowing." His face switched form innocent to that teasing look of his.

"I am breaking up with you."

"I'm sorry I was just joking."

"And jokes are supposed to be funny," I remarked and he jutted the bottom of his lips.

Chaerin, the word Chaerin sounded so enthralling when he was the one who said it. That was the first time I ever heard my name being called by him, in his voice.

But I knew that was not going to be the last time because a new chapter of our life has only begun.

Just as he had said, he would be greeting me in the form of sunlight in the morning, he would be the moon that lull me to sleep, he would be the stars that sleep on the cloud, he would be rainbows that I'd stare after the rain, he would be the whole world for me.

Kim Taehyung ― he was the man whom I loved so much, the only one whom I grew fond of. He was my home, and will always be.

And he turned the whole world to be my home.

END

Silent Voice―completed
―; 180303

a/n: please proceed to the afterword chapter that i will published later because i have a lot to say and i have something to announce regarding this story.