31 » ephemeral

Seven seas, starry skies, enigmatic phenomenon, and beautiful maidens. I still choose to look at you, whose eyes I find solace in.

And a serendipity-like heartbreak.

* * *

The tiny bit of aplomb that left in his characteristic vanished a long time ago, Jimin knew he could never win in anything, his fortune never embraced him fully, especially when it came to romantic related stuffs. He was pretty much hopeless.

Despite that, he knew that love itself was beautiful, expectations hurt. Never had he ever regretted a day of loving her ― wonderful yet filled with sorrow, every day was a roller coaster ride, brain nothing but teemed with hurtful expectations.

The playing of two hours recorded scenes before him did not gain any attention from the lad, he was in fact, too busy of boring his eyes to someone else. Whose features were not even prettier than the actresses in the movie, yet perfect to catch his attentions. The flawless skin of actresses did not beat her whose skin was tainted with acne and scars.

The smell of her shampoo suffused his nostrils, those two hours of being inside the theatre was an ephemeral enigmatic phenomenon for Park Jimin. He loved it, every single second they spent together. Not the movie, but her.

Yet he also aware of the fact that this might not happen again the day after, next week, next month, next year, or maybe forever. He knew he did not own her heart.

"Wow, that was one hell of a horror movie! Don't you think so, Jimin?" Her face turned to him, which sadly, he had not had the chance to shift his gaze from her thus, their gaze locked.

The way her eyes twinkle in excitement, how cheerful her tone rang throughout his head gave him the best feeling ever. Addictive. He wanted to pinch her cheeks to express his fondness, but he was in no place to do that.

Jimin smiled. "It was really great, thank you so much for inviting me, Chaerin," he lied. He was having too many internal conflicts and war within his own feelings to focus on the movie. If Jimin's life were to be described as a movie, then Chaerin would be the femme fatale in his life.

She bobbed her head gleefully. "Then let's head somewhere to eat! The best thing to do after a good movie is to discuss it! I love discussing about movies." She stood up, grabbing Jimin's wrist and dragged him along the way down the stairs in the theatre, not giving the latter a split second to process anything.

They went through the exit and out from the cinema, began peering to a row of restaurants adjacent to it. Even from afar, the aroma of the foods could already water their mouths, it was tantalizing and alluring. And no one could resist food, even Jimin who was down earlier immediately forgot about things that he had on his mind as the foods joined his sight.

Both parties decided to eat in a fast food restaurant because junk food was not healthy, but yeah, life. Everybody would understand.

They crunched on the gold coloured fried chicken, taking a ship of their soda drink every once in a while to quench their thirst. One of the annoying things of eating junk food was probably the oily foods. But looking at Chaerin and Jimin right now, they devoured their foods with no more eating manners and just ate everything they could grab from the table. Perks of eating with a friend: not having to care about personal hygiene nor image.

After biting the last meat the could eat from the chicken, they washed their hands and sat back against the chair, drinking their cola until they could literally hear air through the straw; empty; zero drop of it left.

"That was what I called with a feast! Today is really wonderful," she commented, patting her now full stomach with a wide grin on her face, making some plans of having second round later featuring burgers and fries. Even just adopting that thought already made her stomach empty again, but she thankfully still conscious about people around her, so that's why she had decided to wait for maybe another hour before eating again.

"Junk food is always the best," Jimin replied as he smiled. Seeing how happy Chaerin made imaginary flowers bloom around him.

"Now onto the movie discussion," she started, placing the empty cola cup on the table. "I can't believe that it all happened inside the main character's dream! Don't you think the ending was such a bummer? Nonetheless, the move itself was still great and thrilling. I somehow got the feels!" She exclaimed, voicing her thoughts about the movie.

Beads of perspiration trickled down his forehead. He knew he was screwed. He should have paid attentions to the movie so that he could at least say a word about it. But the poor lad did not have any knowledge about the movie. He only watched the advertisements that were not even related to the movie before his mind got distracted by his own thoughts.

"Y ― yeah, it was a little bit cliche, but still good overall," he stammered, smiling awkwardly to poorly conceal his nervousness.

Chaerin chuckled, showing no traits of noticing his lies. It relieved him.

"Yeah, but you know," her laughter ceased, tone descended a few octaves, "It was sad how the main character's dream is that terrifying, while in fact, dream is actually an escape for some people." she huffed her bangs, placing an elbow on the table and propped her chin with a her right palm.

Jimin bobbed his head once in agreement. "I agree. Sometimes dream, imagination, and memories are our only escape." He lowkey applauded himself for making such relatable sentence for him.

"I don't really escape to my past memories," she responded, sternly.

Jimin asked nothing about that, because she exactly knew what she meant. "I understand."

Chaerin was not a someone who lived in the past because the horrible things she had done. Each trace of her past life was still important for her because that was a part of her process growing into a being she was now.

But Jimin? He only has memories, that were filled with her and his laughter. He sometimes became a someone who lived in the past.

He gulped, twiddling with his fingers. A daring question that he always wanted to ask was resting on the tip of his tongue. "I've been meant to ask this, Chaerin, do you really love Taehyung or maybe you just want to atone your sin in the past?"