5 » angel

Note: the sign language that I use for this fanfic is japanese one. Apparently, after doing some research, I found out that some countries have their own sign language. :-)

――

flashbacks | primary school

KWON CHAERIN.

A bad day.

Today, the goddess of fortune clearly didn't show her smile at me or maybe I was just too stupid, that's why I didn't get a perfect mark at today's test. And surely, my parents wouldn't be satisfied with the minus on my paper. Although letter A was also written beside it.

Jimin conviced me that it was okay, because no one could always mantain to be perfect all the time; sometimes we have to learn from failures. And he said getting A was already good enough and I shouldn't be sad.

Although his words were commonly used by people to comfort their friends, I knew Jimin genuinely meant it.

But sadly, instead of cheering me up, his words made me really sad even more though I thanked him earlier. It's just, no one would ever understand me, the terror of being interrogated with many questions by parents. I was really scared to step my foot into the house as for now.

That's why I ended up being here, in this playground. Sitting on a swing, rocking it back and forth slowly, frown never left my face. The sky that slowly changing its color into a mixture of yellow and orange reminded me that I had to go home soon, unless I want my parents to double the lectures.

Letting out a sigh unknowingly, a tear rolled down my cheek imagining the things I had to deal with later. During this kind of time, I sometimes thought about ending my life.

A flower placed on my lap appeared in my blurry vision. I stopped crying, still trying to steady my breathing as I observed the flower.

I picked the flower as I slowly lifted my head up.

Kim Taehyung

Stood in front of me with his signature smile, hands behind his waist. My eyes widened when his thumb landed on my eye area, erasing the tear that had flowed down from it earlier.

It's really weird how his smile and simple gestures made me felt warm, erasing the negative thoughts out of my head. His smile was exceptionally bright today, as if he devoured the sun so that he could plaster that smile on his face. It was really bright and stunning.

"T―thank you," I murmured shyly as he nodded. I smiled at him.

Staring straight into his eyes was a something I couldn't bear doing. His eyes were really mesmerizing and perfectly matched his features. I shifted my gaze back to my lap. My cheeks felt really hot.

I could hear the sound of rummaging voice, so that I checked what he was doing.

Taehyung pulled out his communication book and quickly scribbled something on the blank page with his pencil. Then, he showed me whatever he wrote but it was barely legible; I couldn't understand his writings.

I shook my head with puzzled face before he quickly erase the writings and shoved everything back into his backpack. Then, he took a deep breath.

He pointed at me and then pointed at himself. After that, he shook his palms together in front of his chest and tilted his head.

I pondered for a while and assumed it was a sign language, a something that I had no knowledge about. So I shrugged, still baffled by the body gestures.

A pink tint spread across his face, as he hastily did some other gestures which made me even more confused. Perhaps he was just embarrassed?

But then, he flipped out his index finger and middle finger facing himself and bowed to me before running away.

I scratched my head, pondering the meaning behind those gestures. But there's a something I learnt today;

Taehyung is an angel.

Xhzkxj i finally updated after decades omg. Hope you liked it !! And tysm for 1k++ reads ;)

Anyway, the first gesture means "friends" and the second one means "see you"