36 » biscuit

Even when you're in pain like drooping flower,
Even when you feel dejected, like a fallen tree
I believe in you; You believe me
We believe on each other.

Loveholic, Butterfly.

* * *

She was trapped in a vortex of misfortunes, the main character of angst tales, had witnessed her world crashing down before her, literally had nothing left in her life and as good as dead. If it was not her childhood friend who constantly gave her reminders, she would have not breathed another second.

Min Yoongi, he was that type of person people might see as a rude bastard who was ignorant toward his surroundings. But had they known what Yoongi did behind the back of thousand people, they would change their mindset of him.

He was his friends' pillars of support, he always took care of all of his workers well, putting aside the fact that he was the one who paid them every month. And among those people who got to feel Yoongi's compassion, Chaerin was there and titled as his favourite girl.

The scorching sun was burning their skins when they first met.

He could still remember vividly the event from that time when he encountered the girl for the first time. Everytime he took a moment of silence to reminisce that piece of memory, a vivid image of a girl doing volunteer works by picking trashes at the park came to his mind.

That one image could make a smile crept on his face.

He would never forget their first conversation, started from awkward lines until there was no boundaries in between them anymore. Ever since the first time he saw her, he knew she was that kind of person whom he deemed cool. And offered her to work for him.

That was why seeing how lifeless his favourite at the moment gave an unbearable pain, he could feel how his heart was being scattered all over the place while admiring the said girl cleaning the windows ─ sometimes she would stop to see her reflection on it.

She was a little sister figure for him.

Not being able to withstand the sight, he approached the girl and murmured, "Chaerin," with that dulcet tone of his that he rarely showed to anyone else. His eyebrows furrowed, eyes filled with pity.

The younger girl turned to him and in the split seconds, Yoongi managed to conceal his feelings by putting his infamous cold expression.

"Uh, what? Are you going to scold me because I'm taking too long doing the cleaning?" She inquired, creases formed on her forehead with a sense of guilt building within her.

On every other day, Yoongi would probably tell the same thing she had said, just for fun, of course. But now, he shook his head and heaved a sigh. "No, that's not it," he replied, "Can you take a short break and have tea and snacks with me? Besides, there's no customer and I just cleaned the windows yesterday. I don't see why you should clean it right now because it's still as good as new," he reasoned. If Yoongi were to use the real meaning behind his words, then it would he translated to: 'I know you are tired, please take a rest.'

Chaerin simply nodded her head with a flat face. She put all the cleaning tools aside and took a seat nearby the counter along with Yoongi.

"Just get straight to the point, Yoongi," she said in monotone as they were seated across from each other. "There must be something you wanted to ask or tell me."

Yoongi scratched his nape and averted his gaze. "Well, I was just wondering how life has been treating you lately? I know this is a stupid question but..." he trailed off.

That one question hit her really hard. Ever since the accident happened, she found it hard whenever Yoongi or Jimin asked her simple questions like 'how are you?' And everything along that line.

Because she was nowhere near the word fine.

Instead of crying like what others might do, she put a smile, "You've asked me the same question a couple of times already, although it might be in a different structure," she chuckled. "I believe you already know the answer."

Her forced laugh... Yoongi felt so dumb for asking that question. A pang of guilt broke his heart, seeing how laughing or smiling had became a hard task for his favourite girl.

"Anyway, do you still remember that Jeongguk I talked about?" He decided to change the topic immediately.

She nodded. "Yes, I do. What about him?"

Grabbing a pack of biscuit that was sitting on the counter table, he tore the packing and took a bite of it before answering, "I think he will come to Seoul pretty soon. He's a very nice guy so you should really try to talk to him," he said while munching the biscuit.

Chaerin gave him a distasteful look on how not well mannered her boss was. "I'm okay with that but please don't talk when your mouth is full. And you know, that is my biscuit." The girl glared at him and puffed her cheeks.

"I don't care, I'm your boss, so your food is my food." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Besides, you did not write your name on it which means there's no proof, this is not yours and everyone else can eat it," he reasoned.

"What kind of logic is that? You are a retarded boss." Despite saying that, waters were dripping from her eyes. For the first time after weeks, this was the first time she laughed so freely and genuinely.

A smile danced on his lips, hoping that beautiful smile would always etch on her face.

He liked it when his favourite people smile.