22 » universe for two

Twigs crunched beneath them as they advanced the kingdom of trees at night, without anything as light source since Taehyung said it wasn't needed.

Moss, leaf carpeted path, orchestra of owls and other night animals accompanied them, along with the rustling foliage. Night winds made contact with their skin, to receive zero reactions because Chaerin was too scared. Taehyung, on the contrary, felt excited of whatever he had in his sleeves.

He gripped her wrist so tightly, as if his life depended on it, reassuring everything was going to be okay. Even so, he would still receive question like are we here yet? Or how much longer? From her. He could tell how afraid Chaerin was by the way she looked to the obnoxious dark around them.

'It's alright, Chaerin. We'll be okay.' He showed his phone while smiling behind the minimum lighting. Chaerin nervously nodded as they walked further in, hands were still linked ― he wouldn't release it, never.

The endless journey of forest's night life ― featuring endless road of trees and whatever organism that lived under the moonlight filtered canopy of leaves, the what seemed like years of adventure came into an end after all as they reached a clearing, where the moonlight could properly soaked in, glistening the flower beds beneath it.

Seeing that washed away all of her fears in mere seconds. With heart fuelled with excitement, she ran and left Taehyung behind, suddenly became the braver version of Kwon Chaerin.

Letting herself being lured by the soul nourishing sight and ethereal beauty, Chaerin sat on the flower beds, smelling the therapeutic scents while sitting on the empty space, not wanting to hurt the flowers.

'Beautiful,' Taehyung thought to himself, making his way to her silently, not wanting to interrupt her quality time with the flowers. He took a seat beside Chaerin while the said girl was already in the process of making a flower crown.

"Taehyung look!" After a few moments, Chaerin exclaimed, earning his attention. He placed the flower crown above Taehyung's head and giggled. "You be the flower king," she said.

An evil idea came across his mind as he took out his phone. 'Then, you're one of my concubines.' He smirked while showing the phone from Chaerin. The latter glared at him and puffed cheeks.

He laughed at her reaction and typed another text. 'I'm just joking! Chaerin is and will always be my empress, queen, or whatever along that definition.' Her gaze softened at his text. Of course she knew Taehyung was joking earlier, but still, the reply made her heart flutter.

Afterwards, they stayed silent, his arm was slung over her shoulder, enjoying the opportunity they got to witness the stars-studded sky, flecked by lucent dots of flashing silver, forming constellations. The earthy smells of the forest fused with the flowers scents was the air they breathed in.

"Taehyung, this is really magnificent ― the sight and all. It looks like your illustration," she commented while exhaling sharply. Enjoying the tranquility they got to feel together.

'I've been planning to take you here. And that day is today.' He showed his phone, smiling in delight. His delicate fingers combed her tousled hair, releasing the annoying knots gently.

"Thank you so much, Taehyung, for giving me a chance to see all of this through my own pair of eyes," she thanked and Taehyung nodded.

Then, he shoved his hand into his jacket pocket and took out a handmade plushie which he's been wanting to give her. 'Remember when I told you I watched tutorial videos? I actually attempted to make this!' He typed and gave the plushie to her.

Her mouth open agape, eyes widen. She had received so many gifts just in one night ― well, for her, his existence, his time were the greatest gifts ever created.

The plushie resembled Taehyung a lot. She squeezed its cheeks and hugged it tightly. "Thank you! I love this so much, Tae." She grinned while admiring the plushie, still couldn't get over its cuteness.

Taehyung was happy to hear her compliment yet his bottom lips jutted due to the amount of jealousy that consumed his feeling. 'So now are you going to give more attentions to plushie Taehyung or me? You know, we can only stay for a few minutes since it's getting darker.' Taehyung showed his phone screen and Chaerin chuckled, giving apologetic look as she put the plushie aside.

"I'm sorry! The plushie Taehyung looks so adorable I can't help myself."

Taehyung nodded. 'You know, I made that for you so you won't forget me. If the day when our hands couldn't be interlocked anymore did come one day, please always remember that I'll always look after you even from afar. I also made a plushie of you so I can always see the resemblance of yourself; I want to admire you every single day.' He typed his feelings out, a tad bit embarrassed of what he had typed.

"Tae," she muttered. "You made my heart flutter and then crush it and made me emotional just in a few seconds, you know." She frowned, wanting to shed tears of what he had typed, imagining if the worst scenarios did happen in the future.

'I'm sorry, please just forget about it. Let's just enjoy seeing the sight, alright?' He smiled sheepishly and gazed back to the sky.

'I wish this moment could last forever ― away from negativity, away from notorious people, away from the bad sides of this world. I want the two of us always be embraced by happiness, just like this. In peace and love. A universe for two.' He prayed to the sky.