Even from where I am you can tell how hot the mamacita was just by looking. It seemed like she tried to hide it though. I have no idea why.

From the oversized hoodie she had on and to the jeans she always almost wore, she left a lot to the imagination.

And my imagination can think of some pretty fucked up things.

I continue to watch her walk and I wonder if I was turning into a fuckin’ freak? The girl drew me in and I knew from the moment I danced with her, at the ball my last summer in high school, that I wanted to get to know her.

Know her in ways she didn’t want to be known.

She stops and turns her head, as if she can tell that someone is watching her, and when she squints her eyes and catches me sitting on my motorcycle, obviously checking her out, I see her actually glare from here.

I smile and wave at her, my fingers moving up and down and she brings her hand in the air, flicks me her finger, and turns around continuing on her way.

Well, well, well.

Kelsey Mays was a feisty one.

The funny thing is that I have plenty of experience with girls like her. Ones who act like they hate boys and could care less about their charms, but they always crumble.

I can have Kelsey in my hands in a matter of a week if I actually tried.

I slip my helmet on and I rev my bike, my hands tightening around the bars. I knew going to college was a stupid idea from the beginning.

This place wasn’t made for someone like me and I told my mom the same thing. But that woman scares the hell out of me and is probably the only women who could get me to do anything.  She wanted her son to be something. Something more than the life he was offered.

So she signed my student loan, got me here, and told me that she suspected me to be home every night since I didn’t too far.  I was pissed for weeks when she actually signed the loan. That amount of money for a fucking AA degree?

My family doesn’t have a lot of money. Ever since my dad got locked up for dealing drugs we have been living on practically nothing since forever.

This is why college is such a shitty idea.  That’s why signing that loan was crazy. I could use toward more important things. Not college. Since I am the oldest in the family, I should be supporting my familia.

My mom shouldn’t have to go through all the backache and hard labor to support our family. I’m the man and I have to step up and become one.  I should be the one to support the people I love.

I thought about it for a while. Longer than I should have.  Since my dad was the drug dealer he was, a lot of his partners and clients came to me when he went to jail.

They asked me if I wanted in, to help with what they claimed the ‘Family Business.’ I refused and they told me they would be back.

And come back they did.

They would find me all the time, get me behind some building, and ask the same question again and again. The same stupid shit I never wanted to deal with.

Do you want in? I would always tell them the same answer, no. But that didn’t mean I didn’t think about it. It didn’t mean I didn’t think about following in my fathers footsteps.

My mom needed the money for bills and since Jose and the rest were growing up so fast, they would need clothes for school and other things.

Marcia still needed money for class fees  so my mom would work and it killed me every time I saw her come home from the grocery store, slick with sweat and exhaustion in her eyes.