-25-

t h i r d   p e r s o n   p o v

marcus had very kindly asked his parents to borrow their helicopter out to fly dan and phil out to new york, where the legendary gameshow 'TRUTH OR DARE' was going to take place. marcus had talked to the university also, telling them he wasn't going to continue, deciding that it was just wasn't for him. the university was very supportive of dan and phil doing the game show, and wished them luck for their travels and for the experience.

marcus stopped the car, outside a huge building of a weird shape. it was tall and had glossy blue windows, with the occasional purple one depending on where the sun's light hit. he was a little reluctant for dan and phil to do the game show, but as their closest friend and the one who played cupid, it was hard to say no to the love birds who had been together for two months now. marcus himself had decided to move to new york for a bit, to support his friends through the screen and to be there for moral support if something happened for real.

after parking, he unlocked the car, letting the two out of the backseat and took out the luggage. one black glittery suitcase and two sky blue suitcases. he could already guess which was who's. over the two months, phil had introduced dan to the world of glitter and colour, and dan had introduced to phil the range of shades of black and grey. he could tell they have started to influence each other, now occasionally phil would wear darker shades along with his pastel coloured tops, and now dan has a black glittery backpack that matches his new suitcase.

as he liked to see himself a their 'manager', marcus walked into the building first, squeezing into the revolving door with one of phil's suitcases whilst his friends followed in the next space that allowed. they were greeted by none other than the host of the gameshow, who was smiling fondly as if waiting for their arrival. the lobby in which he was standing in was absolutely massive, with neon lights at the side, leather couches and golden furnishings. the smaller man, who was wearing a rather tumblr aesthetic outfit walked up to them as they took it all in, smiling a wide smile.

"oh dan, phil i have been waiting for you to come! you are the last couple to arrive," he said, in an enthusiastic voice, giving the two taller men a handshake each. phil looked at dan, blushing at the term 'couple' whilst dan just grinned, looking almost confident at the label.

"and marcus, buddy i've missed you." the boy gave marcus a rather awkward hug, mostly because marcus didn't seem to really want to return it. he smiled weirdly, not really looking at the other boy in the eye. the boy looked back at dan and phil, who were, although confused at the situation were also excited by what was to come next.

"we have a lot to talk about, please, come, my staff will take your stuff up to your room," he said, clapping and waving where people came from who knows where and took dan and phil's suitcases and bags. "follow me, oh and Stephanie? will you be a darling and take marcus up for a massage? my treat," he grinned at marcus who frowned as he was swept away by a beautiful looking girl gesturing him to follow.

phil waved at marcus' exit before they followed the little man into his office, which was filled with glass looking out into the city of new york, and dan and phil were sitting on rather comfy leather chairs, dan rather pleased they were black to match his soul.

"hi, i'm connor franta. nice to meet you."

the two boys exchanged a glance, before nodding at their host.

"i've heard a lot about you two," he continued. "marcus has told me a lot." he leaned back on his own chair, his eyebrow raised. "you two are perfect for this season. we are changing things up a little. are you up for change?"

"only if phil is." dan said almost instantly, looking at phil who was twiddling with his thumbs. "it was his idea we do this. i'm only on board if he is."

"aww honey, that's sweet," connor sighed. "but this is show biz, we can just take one of you if the other doesn't want to. we have plenty other couples who would die-"

"i'm in," phil said, which connor only smiled, clapping with glee.

"good. now i'm going to need you two to sign a contract. you must stay with us for five months. that's how long the game show lasts. in three months time we will ask for another to ask if you want to continue to the end. that's where the best prize is of course. if you can stay that long that is," connor took a pile of paper, reading through it rather quickly and pointing at places to sign. phil reckoned they should read it but he saw dan was tired and eager to get to bed. he too, was exhausted so he didn't complain.

"there are other couples who are up for the same spot." he said after they signed what seemed to be a whole tree's worth of paper. "you'll meet them all tomorrow. but let me tell you this..." he hesitated before shaking his head. "no never mind, i've already said too much." he put away the pile of paper in one of his drawers, locking it securely, putting it in his pocket.

"anyways," he smiled, before deciding he was going to explain the concept of the show.

"welcome to franta studios."