-13-

(fast forward a week)

---

d a n

i didn't know what phil was doing. he was talking to something... someone. i didn't understand why he didn't tell me, but it was his secret, and i knew that i was going to get it out of him. a pastel kid like him wouldn't be able to resist telling me a secret which i obviously wanted to know. he would start feeling the guilt soon. but soon, i forgot and stopped to care.

it was a week later and it was the night of the party. we got of the bus and before i knew it a huge house was standing before me. i had been to marcus' house a few times before. marcus lived in london and so he didn't need to move into halls. his parents had decided to move to the country and so gave marcus the house. and it was massive. 

"dude, you made it!"

marcus smiled as i found him, taking the bag of alcohol from my hand, "thanks for the booze," he looked around me, "where's your friend? decided not to come?"

"no, he's right..." i turned round suddenly realising i had left phil somewhere. "shit, i'll go find him," i said, and marcus nodded. i sighed, going back into the pool of dancing drunks and found phil in a corner, looking terrified. i smiled. he was just so innocent. these house parties just wasn't his thing. he looked so cute when he was terrified. phil caught my eye and sighed with relief.

"dan!" he said, running towards me and hugging me. i wiggled him off.

"dude, no hugging," i grunted, slightly embarrassed. i hadn't experienced a hug in a while. i felt warm and safe, like i was with my brother. although i didn't really want to shake it off but i guess it was an instinct. although my brother's hugs made me feel safe, i wasn't unable to do the same for my brother. and i wasn't going to feel the same way with phil.

"sorry, i'm just happy to see you," phil said with a frown, looking scared. "you left me and i didn't know where you-"

"it's okay, i'll show you where the refreshments are," i cut him off, and started to walk off again, phil following me like a little duckling.

"here, i'm going to give you something good," i tried to hide my wicked grin and went behind the bar table, because obviously marcus' house had a bar table. i searched for my bag of booze and opened a bottle. phil looked nervous as i poured the red liquid into two wine cups. i handed one over to him and sat next to him, clinking his drink with my cup which was still on the table and taking a sip.

"i-i can't drink this," phil whispered, looking at dan with fearful eyes. his beautiful blue eyes. he pushed the drink towards me.

"of course you can," i replied, pushing the drink back. i knew phil felt out of place here but i wanted him here. i felt safer with him here. he reminded me of when i had my first drink, when my brother took me to one of his mate's parties. i was scared as heck, but it was the most fun i ever had.

"i don't want-" phil pushed the drink back, the cup toppled over the edge and the liquid went all over my crotch. phil stared down and started to apologise, repeatedly and repeatedly. i laughed it off.