The Big News

Ethan's POV

"Are you serious?"

(Y/n) nodded. "Yeah, that's what the doctor said."

Amy grinned hugely. "I'm gonna go tell Mark."

"No!" (Y/n) grabbed Amy's arm, stopping her from walking out. She coughed and let go of her. "I mean, no. I want to tell them on my own."

Amy slipped out of her shocked state and nodded. "Sure, okay. But can I still talk to him? You know, tell him you're okay?"

(Y/n) nodded. "Yeah, go ahead." Amy left the room.

I moved to sit next to her. "So... how're you taking this?"

She rested her head on my shoulder. "Not good. I... I don't think I'm ready to have a child."

I took her hand carefully. "It's okay. Whatever happens, we'll go through it as a family."

Her head shot up. "Oh, God, how do I tell Emerson?"

I bit my lip. "I don't know, honestly. You'll have to just... go for it. Find the right time and place to tell her."

She turned to me with tears in her eyes. "I... I don't think I can do this..."

I wrapped my arms around her. "It's okay. We have 9 months." I rested my chin on her shoulder. "I'm not ready, either. But we'll get there. We'll get used to it."

She cried into my neck. "My family... my parents... they won't accept this. They wanted me to have a child when I was married."

I pulled away, keeping my hands on her arms. "Wait, didn't you tell them about Emerson?"

She shook her head, wiping her face. "I only told Luna, but I also told her not to tell our parents. We both knew how they'd react to it."

I thought for a moment. "Well... maybe we should just get married."

She stared at me. "You're not saying..."

I shook my head. "Not now, I mean. Sometime after the baby comes. You know, when you can leave the hospital and all that. Then we can start talking about it, and... I could make an actual proposal. In front of everyone. It'll be amazing."

"Woah, woah, slow down!" She giggled softly. "We've only been officially dating for 2 months! We can't be talking about this so soon!"

"Do you want your parents to meet Emerson and the unborn child?"

She sighed. "I guess you're right." She smiled. "After they're born, okay?"

I smiled back, lacing our fingers together. "Of course."
-------------
"Em, how would you like to have a sibling?"

Emerson giggled at me, while (Y/n) stared. "Where did that come from?" Emerson said in-between giggles. "Sure, I guess. Why? Are you adopting again?"

(Y/n) sighed and sat next to me. "This really isn't easy to say, but..." She grabbed both of Emerson's hands and looked into her eyes. "Em... I'm pregnant."

Emerson was confused for a moment, before her eyes lit up. "Can I name them?"

I was shocked for a moment. "Wait, what?"

Emerson grinned. "I want to name them! You know, like what your guys' job is, but I want to do it. Can I?!"

(Y/n) and I shared a look before dissolving into giggles. "Sure!" She said. "Go ahead!" Emerson clapped and ran upstairs to her room.

"What have you done?" I laughed, shaking my head.