Going Skating

Your POV

"So, where are we going?" Ethan asked impolitely while you were walking to your Uber.

"You'll just have to wait." You playfully booped him on the nose and linked arms with him.

You got into the backseat of the car, and the driver smiled at you through the rearview mirror. "Where to?"

You smiled back. "Bazz's, please." The driver started the car and drove away from the hospital.

"What's Bazz's?" Ethan asked.

You smirked. "If I told you that, it would ruin the surprise!" He groaned, and you giggled. "It'll be great, I promise."

The driver stopped the car. "Here you go! Have fun you two!"

You waved. "Thank you." The driver nodded, and when you got out of the car, they drove off.

You hurriedly pulled Ethan inside and to the desk. The woman behind it smiled. "Well, long time no see!"

You smiled back. "You know my size." You pulled a twenty dollar bill out of your purse. "Ethan, what's your shoe size?"

Ethan looked confused. "Uhh, 10." (Random guess)

You put the twenty on the desk, and the woman took it and gave you six back. She went in the back and pulled out two pairs of roller skates. She handed one of each to the both of you. "Have fun!" She exclaimed with a wave. You waved back and took Ethan to the benches in the room.

"Sit down and try the skates on." You ordered him. You took your shoes off and grabbed a clean pair of socks you put in your purse. You put them on, then put the skates on, lacing them up tight. Ethan was following what you were doing. You looked at him when he was done. "You ready?" He nodded, and you stood up and reached your hand out to him. He took it and stood up. He wobbled a little, then stood up straight.

You smiled. "It'll take some getting used to, but it's fun. I'll help you learn. Okay?" He nodded, and you led him onto the wooden floor.

A loud voice was heard through the speakers. "Hey, everyone! Our racing champion has returned!" Everyone in the room turned to you and cheered.

A girl with red hair skated up to you. "Are you gonna race?"

You shook your head. "I'm afraid not, McKenna. I gotta show him how it's done." Everyone groaned.

"Come on, (Y/n)!" McKenna cheered. "You're the best racer here!" Everyone started chanting your name, and you turned to Ethan.

"Do it. Show me how it's done." He grinned.

You turned back to the room. "Who wants to race me?" A few hands raised up, and you nodded towards the lady behind the counter.

She changed the song playing and turned on a microphone. "Alright, everyone, you know the rules. Only the people racing are the ones on the floor, 3 laps around the room, no pushing, hitting, or doing any harm to others. Are you all ready?" Three guys and one girl walked up to the first pole in the room, while you stood back by the desk.

Ethan rolled towards you. "Why are you back here?"

You shrugged. "I'm faster than anyone in the room, so it's only fair I give them a head start. Now stay off to the side. I don't want to hurt you."

The lady started the music. "And, go." Everyone else started right away, but you stood there.

1...2...3

You kicked off the wall and sped down the room. Everyone was cheering for you, and you were in the lead before the second lap started.

Everyone was panting by the time you finished, and everyone cheered loudly for you. The racers all congratulated you, and everyone skated again.

Ethan rolled back over to you. He almost fell, but you caught him. He looked up at you and smiled. "That was... amazing."

You giggled. "What, me catching you or me winning the race?"

He chuckled. "The second one."

You smiled and took him towards the middle of the room with the poles. "Use these to push yourself off." He did so, and you followed closely behind him. "Keep going, but push your feet to the side of you when you push off. Like walking." He started to go, but he fell backwards. You caught him, and he smiled up at you. You smiled back and straightened him out. "It's okay, I fell all the time when I was learning. You'll get in the hang of it by the time the night's over."

Timeskip

"Alright, everyone. The last song of the night will be a slow song. It's a couple skate! That means skate with a partner or friend."

You smiled towards Ethan and moved in front of him. "May I have this dance?" You asked, holding your hands out to him.

He grinned and took your hands. "You most certainly may." You skated backwards onto the floor.

I've been a walking heartache
I've made a mess of me
The person that I've been lately
Ain't who I wanna be
But you stayed here right beside me
Watched as the storm goes through
And I need you

You moved Ethan's hands so they were around your waist, and you put your arms around his neck. He blushed, and you grinned at him

'Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I've lost my way
There are the words here left to say, It's true
God gave me you

Ethan smiled at you. "Why does this song seem like it's telling our story?"

You giggled. "Maybe it is."

He kissed your cheek. "It's our song." He pulled away, and the two of you grinned, blushing madly.

There's more here than what we're seeing
A divine conspiracy
That you, an angel lovely
Could somehow fall for me
You'll always be love's great martyr
And I'll be the flattered fool
And I need you

Ethan rested his head on your shoulder, and you rested your head on top of his

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I've lost my way
There are the words here left to say, It's true
God gave me you

You pulled away from him and moved to his side. He grabbed tightly onto your hand, and you refused to pull it away.

On my own, I'm only
Half of what I could be
I, can't do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I, pray we never undo

'Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt.

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I've lost my way
There are the words here left to say, It's true
God gave me you
Gave me you
He gave me you

The song ended, and you moved back in front of Ethan and kissed him quickly. You skated back to the front and took your skates and socks off. You put the socks back in your purse and put your shoes on. Ethan followed quickly, and you left your skates on the desk and walked outside, hand-in-hand, to your Uber.