Problems

Amy

Do you think you could
come pick me up?

You were shakily typing this. You couldn't explain what happened, and you didn't want to. It was too terrifying. You checked the time on your phone again-5:27 AM, here in LA. You mentally thanked yourself for changing the time on your phone to the local time.

This early in the morning?
Why? Did something
happen between you two?

No, nothing's wrong with
Ethan and I.

Why don't you ask him?
I'm sure he's up by now,
recording videos.

I don't want to distract him,
and I don't want him to see
me right now.

I'm a mess, Amy. I don't know
why, but I am. Please?

Ugh, fine. You're at Ethan's
apartment, right?

Yeah.

Okay. I'll be there in a
couple minutes. Be ready.

You took a deep breath, trying to relax yourself. It didn't work.

What happened? What was that? Is there even anything to explain it?

You quickly got changed into a maroon tank top, ripped skinny jeans, and cowboy boots before there was a knock on the door. You ran over to it and saw Amy standing outside.

Her eyes widened. "Dear God, (Y/n), you look like you just saw a ghost!"

You walked out and quickly walked over to Amy's car, her walking behind you. "I'll explain on the way."

You jumped into the passenger seat while Amy quickly started the car and drove off towards the office.

"Why are we going to the office? Isn't Mark there?" You asked, confused.

Amy shook her head. "Not right now. Probably later in the day, though." You sighed and leaned back in the seat. Amy glanced at you. "Seriously, what happened?"

You thought for a moment, getting your thoughts together. "Okay. So, I was in the bathroom, doing my daily routine-you know, hair, makeup, that stuff?" Amy nodded. "Well, I picked up my eyeliner, when this horrifying thought came in my mind."

Amy glanced at you again. "What was it? Sorry, but it might help me understand."

You close your eyes. "I thought of... I thought of killing myself." Amy gasped, and you opened your eyes, looking out the window. "That's not it. After that, I looked up into the mirror, and I saw something. It was me. Or... it wasn't. It looked like me, sort of, but... it didn't at the same time. Different colored hair and hairstyle and different colored eyes. Everything else looked exactly the same. I immediately dropped my eyeliner and ran out of the bathroom. That's when I texted you."

You turned towards Amy, wiping away tears that had splashed onto your cheeks. "I don't understand, Amy. What happened?"

Amy pulled into the office parking lot and shut the car off, turning to you. "I don't know, (Y/n). Maybe we could figure that out." You nodded and followed Amy out of the car and into the office. You sat down on the livestream couch, while Amy checked her phone.