Even More Worries

Ethan's POV

"Ethan?" (Y/n) asked, knocking on the recording room door.

"I'm just rendering. Come in." She walked in with a smile on her face, but I could tell she was faking it.

"Oookkay." I said slowly, taking off the headphones around my neck. "What's wrong? What are you worrying about?"

She bit her lip. "Is it really that obvious?"

I shook my head. "I can always see right through you, babe." I pulled out the stool from under my desk. "Sit. Tell me what's bothering you."

She obeyed, sitting down with a sigh. "There's two things. One of them is Emerson."

I rested my hand on top of hers. "She'll be fine. Em can take care of herself. Besides, Mark and Amy already agreed to take care of her (In this story, they live together. I'm not sure if they do in real life or not). There's nothing to be afraid of."

She turned to look at me. "But what if something happens while we're gone, and we can't come back? What if their house catches on fire, or Emerson gets hurt, or-"

I cut her off by cupping her face in my hands and kissing her. When I felt her pulse start to slow, I pulled away. "Listen, babe. Mark and Amy will take care of her. I promise. And if anything happens, they'll tell us, and we'll come right back. But, seriously, I don't think anything's gonna happen. Besides, it's too late to change our minds- the flight's already booked, and we leave in two days."

She sighed. "I guess you're right."

I pecked her lips. "I always am." I pulled back. "So, what's the other thing?"

She put her head in her hands. "Kate wants me to sing at the party."

I grinned. "Really? That's great!" She looked up and glared at me. "I mean, is it?"

She groaned. "No, that's not great! That means that I'll have to sing in front of everyone!"

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "It's not that much different from theatre, right? I mean, it that, you had to sing in front of people."

She threw her hands up. "Yeah, but I barely even saw them! People are gonna see me this time! I don't think I'm ready for that, yet!"

I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. "Hey, it's okay. Everyone has a little stagefright. Even me."

She looked up at me again. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yup. Do you really think that I'm always calm when I go on stage, or make speeches in public?" She thought for a moment, then shook her head. "Exactly. I'm not. But when I get out there, and I start doing what I love... It disappears. Goes away. And that'll happen to you. You'll be nervous, just like how you are right now, but when you get going, you'll want to never stop."

She took a moment to take this all in, then hugged me. "Thanks, Ethan."

I hugged her back. "No problem, (Y/n)." I pulled away, a small smile on my face. "Hey, do you wanna record a video with me? I was planning on doing a Reading Your Comments one."

She grinned. "Sure, sounds fun."