Tears

Ethan's POV

I woke up from my deep sleep by (Y/n) talking and walking around downstairs. I slowly got out of bed and sat on the stairs so I could hear better and see what was going on.

"Okay, mom, start from the beginning." She said, pacing around the room, her hair balled up into her fists. She glanced at her phone, which was sitting on the table. Her mom's contact was on the screen, and she had her on speaker.

Her mom spoke weakly. "I'll try my best. From what your grandmother and cousin told me, Louise was cooking supper for the three of them. Your grandfather was sitting down to watch television, and he closed his eyes. Maddie walked by him and saw that he wasn't breathing. Louise freaked out and called an ambulance. He's sitting at the hospital in Valparaiso now. Doctors said that he had a small heart attack, and..."

(Y/n) sat down on the couch and curled herself into a ball. "And what, mom? Tell me!"

Her mom took a deep breath. "He's... he's unresponsive." (Y/n) gasped slightly. "He's awake, and we believe he can hear us. But the most that he'll do is either look at someone when they're talking or look at the ceiling, and he can't breathe on his own. He hasn't said a word since he's been here, and the doctors hooked him up on life support immediately after he got there." (Y/n) choked on a sob.

"I know, sweetie. It hurts me just as much as it hurts you, maybe even more. The doctors say... they say that he doesn't have much time left. If he doesn't takes a breath on his own or talk by the end of the week... they're going to pull the plug."

(Y/n) took a couple deep breaths. "Thanks for telling me, mom."

"Come visit him. I'm sure he'd love to see you." Her mom stated quietly.

(Y/n) closed her eyes. "I know. I'll see about it. Bye, mom." She hung up before her mom could say anything and sobbed, pulling her legs closer to her body.

I stood up from where I was sitting and walked towards (Y/n). I sat down and wrapped my arms around her. She turned and hugged me back, burying her face into my shoulder and crying hard.

When she calmed down, I spoke up. "I'll go with you."

She pulled away and wiped her cheeks. "Are you sure? You'll basically be meeting everyone on my mom's side of the family. And all of my siblings."

I nodded. "I'm sure. I'll tell Mark about it and we can go. I still have some videos from when we last went to Indiana. And I can make a couple over there, if I need to."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. "Oh, thank you! I don't think I could go there alone! Thank you!"

I giggled. "Of course."

Timeskip

The plane landed at the nearest airport. (Y/n) and I ran out of the terminal, quickly grabbed our bags, and met her mom in the parking lot. We put or bags in the trunk and slid in the backseat. I checked the time on my phone-10 in the moring, back in LA. That means it's noon here.

(Y/n)'s mom sped towards the hospital, and we quickly got out when she parked the car. We ran inside the huge building towards a hospital room. (Y/n)'s mom walked away to a waiting room, leaving us to walk in alone. (Y/n) grabbed my hand, took a deep breath, and opened the door, walking in.

Her voice hitched when she saw the man in the hospital bed, and I saw a few tears fall.

"H-hi, grandpa." She said weakly, letting go of my hand and sitting in a chair closest to the bed. "How are you?"

The man slowly looked at her and opened his mouth to say something. Nothing came out.

She let a couple more tears slip. "Yes, I'm here. I'm here with you." She put her hand over the man's, and he tilted his head over to look at me, as if he was asking who I was.

(Y/n) smiled, despite the tears falling down her face. "That's Ethan, grandpa. He's here with me. He's my boyfriend." I looked at her when she said it. She was blushing, but forced herself to look at me. She motioned for me to move closer, and I was walking towards her until we heard a loud, female voice scream down the hall.

"Charles!"

The door flew open, and (Y/n) wiped her tears away and narrowed her eyes at the woman standing in the doorway.