Chapter 3

Chapter 3

July 24

It's been five days since Ho Sung died for the third time.. and five days since I've been sulking in my room.

“Chunmi-ah, please open the door. This is unnie..” she knocked at the door.. I hid myself in my blanket.

“Someone's here to see you.. open the door.” I still didn't give her a reply. She stayed silent for a while..

Then continued to knock at the door, she kept on knocking and knocking. It was getting annoying.

When I removed the blanket the knocking suddenly stopped.. and someone spoke.

“Chunsshi..” I got shocked, “It's Hal-Chol.. open the door.” he knocked once more.

“This may be a bad time, but you need me right now right?” he stopped talking.. I went near the door.

“You're just here to interrogate me like what those other reporters did.. they kept on bugging me for what I did at the concert” I said, but he suddenly hit the door.

“Aniyo!” he shouted. I opened my door

“Don't wreck my door ass---” He suddenly hugged me. “Babo” he added.

I couldn't help but cry once more.. I really needed someone so badly.. he was right.

After I calmed down, I let him inside my room. “How did you know where I live?” I asked.

“I've been looking for you since the incident happened” he said, I sighed and sat down my bed.

“How did you find me?” I asked once more.

“I asked our news station, you're really famous right now Chunsshi. It's not that hard to look for you anymore” He handed me a newspaper.

July 23, “POP IDOL HO SUNG ANNOUNCED DEAD. HIGSCHOOL GIRL IS SOMEWHAT CONNECTED?”

Underneath the headline was a picture of me and Sung at the concert. After reading the shitty article I crumpled the paper and threw it away.

“Chun.. I.. it's not like I'm doubting you or anything.. but.. do you really have no connections with S.O.S?” he looked so worried.

I nodded and said, “I never lied when I said I didn't have any connections” he took the crumpled newspaper and looked at me.

“Then, how did you know? How did you know something bad was going to happen to him?” he asked.

I shook my head, “You wouldn't understand, even if you did.. you wouldn't believe me”

He grabbed my shoulders.. “I'll try my best to understand, please.” he was pleading sincerely..

All I could say was, “Then try to understand that I can't tell you..” he let go of me and sat down.

We sat silently in my room, I don't have any idea of what I'm supposed to do. Breathing is even a hard thing for me to do anymore. I was waiting for Hal-Cho to start a conversation, but I still didn't want to answer any of his questions and maybe he thought of that too.

After a few minutes my mom came with snacks and a pot of tea, she said her thanks to Hal-Cho and asked if he could stay a little longer. Having no other options he said yes.

“It's been nearly 2 hours Chunsshi, are you not going to say anything?” he asked. I stayed silent.

He sighed. “Then at least let me talk, okay?” I nodded.