Chapter 18

Chapter 18

            “You came at the right moment, I've been waiting for you.. Yoon Chun Mi” he smiled.

“You must have known I was coming right?” she asked, the older version of me.

He nodded with a slight of grin in his lips, “I admire your unbelievable intellect Ms. Yoon, to think you'd be able to find out about my powers and even find me..”

“Years, almost 3 decades.. It took almost everything I had, Tae.. it wasn't easy to look for you”

“Then let's make this short.. what is the reason for you being here?”

“I told you, I need your powers to help Ho Sung.. if you don't want to help, then just tell me how you got those powers. There must be a way right? Please Tae, I beg you”

He shook his head slowly, “I've been in this world for more than a century, and I still don't know how I got my powers”

            We both got shocked, me and the woman. “Impossible” she said. Future Tae just nodded.

“I lived my life normally once, a long, long time ago. I had a family, I found someone I loved, I lived my life.. but suddenly life stopped for me. I died, but then I woke up the next day. Well, I thought it was just one night.. but it turned out to be 100 years. I was alone, my family, my love.. they were all dead.”

            He stood up then started to walk towards the window sill, “I tried to live my life a couple of times, I was once a doctor, a carpenter, an artist, a writer, a chef, an engineer.. I enjoyed them.. meeting new people and being with them. But everything needs to end, after a couple of years they'll also die and leave me.. and I couldn't do anything about it” I was just left speechless, could that be true?

            “Everyone dies, it's inevitable.. Since I realized that, I lived my life trying not to get attached to anyone.. it worked well for many years. Until I became an idol, a S.O.S member..” his face gave a pitiful expression, like he was going to cry at any moment now.

“They were different, S.O.S. They were not just colleagues or fellow members. They reminded me of what a family is, they helped me regain the feelings I once lost. Everything was in place.. until that day came.. July 19.. That day just came and went too fast, too unpredictable, too unbelievable..” he looked at the future self of mine.

            “Ho Sung's death” she whispered. Once again, he nodded.

“I regretted being with them, and tried to slowly forget the feelings they taught me.. but before I got to get over Ho Sung's death we drifted apart. The members suddenly changed.. we all got too affected by him. Things were never the same since he died, things can never be the same without Ho Sung”

He chuckled lightly as he looked away.

            “You could have saved him Tae, you could have changed the outcome. You had the power. But why didn't you try saving him? What made you let it happen?” the  woman asked.

“I could have saved a lot of people from even before, but I didn't have the courage to change things. But in Ho Sung's case, it's different.. I didn't save him because I couldn't face the guilt in doing so.. if I save him then I should have saved the others before too..” he tried to laugh but failed miserably.