Chapter 11

Chapter 11

August 11

It's been a week since Ho Sung's supposed death, and with the week passed nothing happened. Right after that incident at the park I asked him to send me home, since that day we haven't talked with each other. 

He tried to call me a number of times but I always reject them. I didn't want to talk to him, for I didn't want to think of how he's going to die or when he was going to die again. Every time I had to think about his death my head would start throbbing in pain, unlike before the pain lingered longer.

“Yoon Chun Mi” Maia called me as she shook my shoulders. I looked at her, she looked really worried.

“E-eh? What is it Maia?” I asked trying to fake a smile.

“What's wrong with you?” she asked, then sat at the desk in front of me.

I shook my head, “Nothing's wrong” I laughed.

“Ya Chunmi! You never get zero in a quiz! And you never get blanked in a recitation” she pouted

I scratched my head, “I haven't had enough sleep lately, mianhae” I said. She sighed.

August 18

I've let another week pass meaninglessly, I still had no idea of what could happen to Sung next and what could I do to stop it.

His cause of death was an accident.. No one knew it was going to happen. No one was at fault.

What could happen next?

I was too terrified to talk to him again.. How long would I get to talk to him this time?

The clock ticked to 4:30 pm and it was time for me to get home.

“Maia let's go” I called her, she nodded then took her bag.

When we got out of our school building, we saw a crowd of students outside.

“What's happening there?” Maia asked excitedly as she looked at me.

We got near the crowd, “Here she is!” an underclassman yelled as he pointed at me.

I pointed at myself as well, “Me?”

The crowd made way for me, I looked at the open area.  I saw a black car and there was a man in a navy blue crow-tailed coat wearing a familiar pair of sun glasses with a half face mask.

“What took you?” He asked.

“Chunmi who's he?!” Maia exclaimed as she had a huge smile on her face.

“Let's go” he ordered me as he opened the car door, “What are you waiting for?”

I looked at Maia, “If mom ask tell her I'm with you okay? I'll explain later” I said.

“Ya Chunmi! Is that Park Ky--” I covered her mouth to prevent her from speaking

I shook my head. “He's Jung Soo”

Her eyes grew wide, I smiled at her then went inside the car.

I looked at her from inside the car, she gave me a thumbs up as she nodded with a grin.

As the car drove away from my school I turned my attention to him.

“Why did you have to do that?” I asked. He shrugged as he put his sun glasses and face mask away.

“What if reporters spotted you?” I asked again, he looked at me.

“Did you ask the same thing to Sung?” he said. I got stiffed, “H-How is he?” I asked