Chapter 17

Chapter 17     

            “Sung was really fated to die that day, but you meddled with his fate. So this is what happened, his supposed death just kept on getting postponed. Even without my help, he's still going to die.”

            As I heard those words my knees gave up, and I just couldn't help myself cry.

“See? You're just making a fool of yourself.. what did you think was happening? That I was the culprit for Ho Sung's death?” he laughed

“Come on Ms. Perfect, you should have noticed it yourself.. majority of his deaths were caused by accidents that was so impossible to predict.. How could I make that happen?”

I shook my head, “This.. this is your fault. Stop denying.. stop.. just stop this” I continued to cry

“Sorry to break it to you but that's the truth, I'm just someone to guide Sung's death. I even give you guys a head's up, heck! You should thank me!” he gave me a pat.

“I am even the reason why you were able to save him from that freak Kim Yo Shin, in the first place. If it wasn't for me then you wouldn't be able to get in. Did you really think someone would carelessly leave a window open?” he continued to laugh at my misery

“Shut up!! I won't believe you!! I know that this is all your doing!”

He clicked his tongue, “Stubborn huh? I'll just give you time to let all this sink inside your little brain”

            Before I got to answer him, his cell phone rang. He looked at me then gave a smile.

“I'm going to put this on loud speaker so you could hear our conversation.. enjoy” he took the call.

“Tae?! Tae!!?” I heard a man's voice on the other line, I was getting nervous.

“Yes? What's the matter Fan Shi?”

“It.. it's about Sung! Sung! He..” As I heard Sung's name my chest tightened.

“Yes.. what about Ho Sung?” Tae asked.

The other line went silent, we were both waiting.. until Fan Shi continued.

“Ho Sung got into an accident..”

Tae's face immediately lit up as he smiled looking at my hopeless figure.

“Where are you?! We need you here too.. we're heading to the hospital”

“I'll be going there, see you” then he ended the call.

He was staring at me, waiting for my reaction. But it was useless, I didn't react. I just couldn't.

“Now do you understand? While we were conversing Sung died, all by himself. There was no chance for me to kill him”

I shook my head and stood up, “You've planned this already, I know! So you could fool me”

He sighed then crossed his arms, “You really are stupid”

“You just can't accept the fact that you made things worse for Ho Sung.. you made him suffer more than he should have. Out from your selfishness Sung has died multiple times already, he might not remember but things will take its toll on him..”

“All you humans can do is accept what things are. But then there's you, you wanted to change things. Now look at what you've done? You made things go from bad to worst”

He smiled then said, “Until next time, I suppose”

            My head suddenly throbbed, it was more painful than ever. I found myself screaming from the pain while sitting on my bed.