Chapter 24

Chapter 24

December 25

10:26 am

            “Omma, Appa... I’ll be leaving now” I kissed them on the cheeks

            “Have fun on your trip with Maia, see you tomorrow” Dad said

            “Have you got everything you need?” Mom asked, I nodded to her with a smile

I got out of their bedroom and went on my way to the main door, but as I got in front of it someone spoke.

            “Swear to me that you are not going to do anything reckless again?”

I turned around to see Ia, with arms crossed she looked troubled. So I smiled at her.

            “I can’t swear, you know how clumsy I am... I even got myself stabbed by a shard of broken glass on my stomach when I slipped” I chuckled a bit and went towards her

            “I’ll be fine unnie..”

            “I’m not talking about your clumsiness! I’m talking about your most treasured thing as a woman! You need to keep that thing in tact or else he’s going to get beaten to a pulp” she hissed

            “W-What are you talking about? We’re just going to go to N Seoul Tower, eat dinner and go on a hot spa together and we’ll sleep for the rest of the night unnie!” I felt my face heat up.

            “My dongsaeng is cute” she suddenly hugged me very tightly, “I’m just kidding”

She kissed my forehead then released me, “Have fun” she smiled. I nodded and smiled back.

I took my bag and opened the main door, at one last chance I looked back at her.

“Unnie, thanks for everything... take care of them for me”

2:38 pm

            Sung picked me up from the station wearing a jacket with its hood on over a beanie. He was also wearing a pair of sunglasses. It attracted quite a few people, maybe they thought I was going to be kidnapped.

“I’m sorry I have to wear something like this, I look like a thief” he chuckled

I shook my head, “It’s okay, I wouldn’t want to run around again”

            “Here’s some hot canned coffee” he smiled and handed me one.

I smiled back and took it, “Thanks”

            “So what did you tell your parents?”

            “I was going on a tour to Seoul with my friend Maia, but they didn’t know that she left when Christmas break started”

We both looked at one another with fog coming out of our mouths we chuckled a bit.

            “Come on” he stood up and pulled me

            “Where are we going?”

            “You’ll see”

He just continued to wear his smile as he intertwined our fingers, and walked quickly until we got inside a car. The black car that Kyung would always use to fetch me.