Chapter 19

Chapter 19

December 1

            With fingers interlocked and toes entangled, we lay down on the bed where we once slept in together. Even without exchanges of words, interactivity towards each other, we knew what we meant to one another. 24 days, we counted. 24 days until Christmas where we planned on being together for the whole day without anyone bothering. And 24 days also stands as the remaining days I have to be with him..

            With the tick of the second hand of the clock it signed for us to be apart, it was time for him to get to work. He pressed his soft pink lips onto my cheek and whispered, “I'll see you next time” then off he goes leaving me inside this little white house. Not long before I went out myself, but there was someone waiting for me outside. He smiled, letting his eyes squint a little more.

“Chunmi, ah.. what a surprise to see you here” he sounded undecided “De, sorry for using this house Chui Seok.. Sung asked me to be here” I bowed down. “It's nothing,” he said.

            As I got my eyes back to him, another beautiful but intimidating man stood beside him. His eyes looked tensed, too angry. My body froze as we continued to stare at one another.

“I knew something fishy was going on,” he spoke “You told me you were breaking up”

He chuckled and crossed his arms, “I guess I trusted your words a little too much?” he hissed.

I bowed down and said, “Lu Geun, mianhae.. but please.. just give me 24 days”

He ignored my words and turned away. Chui Seok gave me an apologetic look as he followed Lu Geun.

Night time came and all I could do was lie down on my bed. A few minutes I waited, and my cell phone rang.

“Yoon Chun Mi” I heard Tae's voice greeted me. “Tae, you need something?” I asked

“Nothing really, I just wanted to ask if something happened a while ago.”

“Hmm, what do you mean? I was with Sung, at the white house”

“Did Lu Geun come? Did he see you two together?”

“Um, no.. he came when Sung left” I answered, silence came until Tae softly said, “I see...”

“Is there any problem?” I heard him sigh from the other line, “Chun, this afternoon Sung never made it to work same as Lu Ge”

I suddenly grew nervous, “What about Seok? He was with Lu Geun when he came”

“Chui Seok? Okay, I'll go ask him.. I'll call you again” before he got to end the call I spoke,

“What's going on Tae?” he sighed and said, “Try not to worry too much Chunmi. Sung will be alright”

Then he ended the call.

Hours passed and it was not until quarter to midnight when my cell phone rang again.

“S-Sung?! Where are you now? Are you okay?” I asked as my chest tightened

“I'm right outside your house” as I heard him say that I ran towards my bedroom window and looked outside. I saw someone wearing a black sweater with its hood on.

“Sung, look up” I said, the person who was outside looked at me. It was really him. But something was off about him... I ended the call then went out.