Chapter 8

Chapter 8-

August 3

At exactly 8:30 am, I arrived at the pagoda. I didn't see any signs of anyone nor Ho Sung, so I sat down. Few moments passed, I kept on checking my cellphone but there were no messages so I closed my eyes and leaned my head at the pillars. I was in a shallow sleep when I heard something..

'Are you alright?' I heard a guy spoke, followed by a girl's soft cry. I kept my eyes closed, I didn't want to do anything with it.

'Y-ya.. I should be the one asking you that. Mianhae..' the girl answered.

'Come with me.. I'll take you to somewhere safe' he insisted..

'Aniyo.. never mind me. You should go to the hospital, you might have bumped your head somewhere' she replied.

'Don't be too stubborn now.. come on already' the guy sounded serious.

'I don't even know you.. and you don't know me too' she said

The guy sighed, 'Seung.. I'm Oh Seung Di.. and you are?'

'I-I'm..'

I suddenly felt my upper body lie down so I opened my eyes, I found myself lying down at someone's lap.

“Chunmi-ah, sleeping soundly like a baby. This is so like you.. any other fan wouldn't get any sleep just by thinking their going to see their biases” I heard him sigh. My heart started to beat fast.

I tried to sit up but he pulled me back to that position again..

“YA Sung-ah, what's this supposed to be?” I asked him trying to hide my embarrassed expression.

“I'm letting you take a nap on my lap, feel honored in some way. Try not to hurt this gentleman's feelings” he said, I chuckled.

I looked around and tried to look for the girl who was crying but they were no where to be found

“What time is it? If you're not going to tell me the time I'm going to leave” I threatened

“If I tell you the time make sure that you're not going to leave that position unless I tell you!” he paused, but before I could refuse he told the time “Ara~ it's 9:44 am” he said.

“You were an hour late?” I asked

“No way! I was here at 7:30 am, I just hid myself because there were a lot of people doing morning exercises. When I came back here I saw you carelessly sleeping in public, so I sat beside you”

“7:30?! Why didn't you try to wake me up??” I exclaimed

“You looked really tired Chunmi.. I just wanted to make you rest a little bit” he said softly, I grew stiff.

Then I sighed, “Alright, I'll continue to rest but only 15 minutes” I said. “Okay, rest well” he replied.

We stayed at that position as promised, none of us talked. My heart was throbbing like it wanted to escape my chest, I'm terrified yet happy. The soft cold breeze of morning air cooled me, it felt comfortable. Thinking about lying down on Ho Sung's lap feels like a distant dream, but this is the reality. If I were dreaming right now, I pray to never wake up. Can he be thinking the same as I am?

“Have you ever felt like you wanted something to never end?” He asked out of the blue.

I still stayed lying down and said, “Of course, why do you ask?”

“That's what I feel right now” he said. My body instantly froze, did I hear it right? I really am dreaming.

“Chunmi-ah” he called. I got nervous all of a sudden.. “W-what is it?” I asked.