Chapter 22: The lost memories part 2

Chapter 22: The Lost Memories part 2

            Years passed by me again... We learned a few things about Tae. On the first few years of Sung’s death he was aimlessly travelling the country alone, going to places here and there. After a few years, he went back to China and changed his name... so eventually we lost track of him of what’s left of him.

“I can’t believe Tae would change his name...”

            “Maybe it was his real name?”

He shook his head, “I saw his name in his birth certificate, Huang Tae Yo”

            “Now he’s someone different”

We we’re both silent but then his phone rang he sighed then took his phone.

            “Yes, this is Mr. Park. Any news?” he asked, I sat silently.

            “W-what? Is this sure?” his voice suddenly got loud as he signalled me to get a pen and paper. He wrote down quickly as he nodded, after the phone call he looks like he was happy.

            “What is it already??” I asked

            “They said they found him”

I got shocked too, “W-Where?! Where is he??”

            “He’s back in his hometown—I’ll have my secretary book our flight”

            “What about work?”

            “Chunmi it’s been 5 years. Don’t you want to put an end to this chase?”

I was just left speechless as he sighed, “Let me handle it, we’ll talk tomorrow”

            As how Kyung always was, he didn’t let me argue well enough to deny his offer. After two days of acquiring the information we flew over to China. Now, we’re heading inside a huge hotel for he said it was better to make ourselves comfortable before facing Tae.

            “Would you like a honeymoon suite?” the hotel receptionist asked as soon as he saw us.

I looked at Kyung and he gave me a malicious smile, “Yes, and make us a special dinner. We are newlyweds as you can see I’d like to make this stay extra special”

            “How wonderful! Yes, you can trust us very well. Congratulations on your wedding”

He bowed as he handed the room card to Kyung, he bowed back then he grabbed my hand and practically pulled me away.

When we got in the hotel suite I sat down at the long huge sofa and sighed heavily.

            “What was the point of that conversation?” I asked

He shrugged as he took his coat off, “I wanted a nice twist in our adventure my cute little wifey

            “What a great idea my adorable little hubby” I answered sarcastically, he smirked then gave a light laugh as he sat on the chair in front of me.

            “Have you got any more information we could use? The address you got was years ago, and its Tae... if he changed his name it would be obvious that he’d change his address too”

            “It’s the only thing we’ve got that’s left of him, Chunmi... we should at least try”

            “But what if he’s not there anymore? C’mon we can’t overlook that fact Kyung, we need to have a backup plan or else this trip would all be pointless”