Telepathic Twins -- Chapter 11 (part 1)

Hey everybody!! This is only half of the next chappy... sorry bout that. I tried to finish last night but then I remembered there was this thing called "sleep" and it's required if someone wants to think clearly. I'm going out with the family today so I might not be able to upload the second chapter til tomorrow.

Chapter 11

Aleksander's POV

"I really suck with the whole mushy, getting your feelings out shit, but I want you to know how grateful I am that you got me out of there." There was a pause while my shocked brain tried to process that. "Now let's go before a really awkward silence follows that."

I laughed and she hopped on the bike and followed me back to the front yard where my skateboard was. It wasn't that I thought she was ungrateful; it was just that I knew our personalities were extremely alike, and we both hated talking about our feelings.

When we got to the front Leksi asked, "Where'd they go?"

"They probably left without us. We'll catch up to them on the way."

She started doing tricks on the bike like doing a wheelie, spinning the handlebars while she was still on the back wheel, and landing perfectly. "How'd you learn to do that?"

She shrugged. "I rode a bike to get to and from school. My friends were all older than me and taught me how to."

As we rode to the mall, she was quiet, and I could tell there was something on her mind. "What's up?" I asked.

She blinked as if she was waking up. "I was thinking about Kaylee. Wondering if she's alright."

"You're thinking our mom treats her the way she treated you?"

She hesitated before saying, "I don't know."

I looked at her dubiously. "I saw how cruel she was in your memories. Why would she be any nicer to Mikayla than she was to you?"

"She wasn't always like that. Yeah, most of the time, she was a bitch. But other times. . ." Her voice trailed off.

"Why are you defending her?"

"I'm not."

"Then how come, in all of the memories I've seen, I haven't seen one of her being even partially decent?"

"Because the others are more memorable. Like this one time-" She smacked herself on the forehead suddenly. "Duh. I can just show you."

She took down her mental barrier and poked at mine, silently asking me to take it down. I did, and I saw her memory.

-Memory-

Leksi walked in the house silently, not wanting to disturb DeAnna. I wasn't surprised she thought of our mother by her first name. Rather than going to her room and finishing her homework, she went to the kitchen to get a snack, since she stupidly skipped lunch at school. (Her thoughts, not mine.)

When she saw DeAnna sitting at the table reading a Cosmo, she tried to back away, hoping that her mother wouldn't notice her, but she did. DeAnna picked her head up from the magazine.

"Hi, honey, how was school?"

That shocked me so much that I almost fell off my skateboard. It was such a contrast from the other memories I'd seen involving our mom.

Leksi recovered from her shock quickly and said, "Everything was great." She smiled, thinking that this had to be some kind of trick. Cautiously, she moved to the fridge to get a fruit or whatever was in there. There was an apple which she eagerly took a bite out of.

"Do you need any help with homework?"

Leksi choked a little bit on the apple. "Sorry, what?"

"If you need help with homework, you know all you have to do is ask."

"Umm, thanks, but I don't have a lot today." After that, she quickly exited the room. The other DeAnna was horrible, but at least she knew what to expect from her.

-End of Memory-

'That was. . ." My thought trailed off.

'Weird, right? I'm hoping that maybe she's like that with Kaylee.'

She pulled out of my head and I asked aloud, "Is she bipolar or something?"

Leksi shrugged. "People with Bipolar Disorder get a lot of mood swings. Her usual mood was just. . . well, you saw."

"Bitchy," I agreed.

"Is that Aaron?" she asked.

I looked where she was and saw a figure with brown hair skating in the distance. "Yeah, probably. We usually take different routes and race to see who can get there the fastest."

"Lemme guess; you always win?"

"Not really. I don't want them to know about my strength and speed. I just wanna be normal." Wasn't that the truth.

"Which is why when you find out you had a sister who's mind you could read, you went to rescue her," she said sarcastically.

I laughed. Actually, part of the reason I wanted to rescue her so badly was because I wanted to have someone to have those things in common with me. "Exactly. Now there's someone to be weird with me. I feel less lonely."

That earned a laugh from her. "You and I, bro, are going to get along fantastically."