35

This is not the full chapter, just to put something out there for you guys. What do you think will happen next?

"You'll have to sign these for us just in case" Drew, Xavier's close assistant asked of me.

"Alright" I breathed running my hand through my dirty blond hair, shifting my weight to my left side as we sat by the bed side of my husband.

It's been about two days, Xavier's condition hasn't changed much. His face has swelled down a bit. And while the doctor was in he accused Xavier of moving his body a bit which is a good sign.

I've been back and forth from the house too with El. School started again for her and I didn't want to abandon my baby.

"Where" I ask trying my hardest to concentrate. The last thing I want is to mess things up for the business. When Xavier awakens I want everything to go as smooth as possible. While at the house I've been stocking up on anything he would need while his recovery is in action.

"Just there" Drew moved his fingers to the solid line that requests my signature. He knew I was being as strong as I could but I'm used to my husband taking care of everything. This has been hard on us all.

"Thank you" I tried to give my best smile as he assisted me.

When I got married to him, Xavier had signed over half of his business over to me. So if anything ever happened to him like now then I would take full responsibility. But of course before he did that he made sure to train everybody in what to do if that deal goes through.

Oh and if you're wondering he didn't leave the gangster type of business. That's totally shared with his mother. She had a full life with Xavier's father that trained her to be a cold hearted bitch who knew the business better than anyone. No one could stop Maureen and Bill from anything. They had the law in the palm of their hands and the guns in their back pocket. No one could do anything to stop them.

But when Xavier grew to an appropriate age he confessed something so ridged it couldn't be shared with anyone but the only person he trusted, me.

His mother was right though, he was naive. With more knowledge for his parents passion than anyone he didn't truly want it like they did.

All that power was to be thrown away by the time we got married instead of carrying on the family business. But once Bill caught wind of what was going on he threatened Xavier with everything he had and put his mother in control of half the business instead of Xavier getting all of it. So if Xavier escaped from it Maureen would have the power to kill her own child. He knew too much.

Xavier used the power and money he received from that half to launch his own business; a construction business of Hotels. And that's where I came in.

He got everything perfect, built the perfect hotel that no one could resist. Had the best lawyers and workmen. He picked the staff by his choosing.

And then signed my name right next to his on the documents. At first I didn't want all that power, all the money. But as time went on I knew it would be the best. I just wanted him to experience what it was like to be all in control of something without a women riding his ass. And I think not having me to press his buttons all the time but a kink in the road for our relationship. "Don't you have places you need to be tonight, Drew?" I asked wondering why he was here with me past visiting hours.

"I wanted to make sure you got these in time. This has been hard on all of us" he referred to the crash.

"But I wanted to let you know that the company is behind you one hundred percent. You don't need to worry because we are willing to do anything to see that this boat doesn't go under" he continued putting a reassuring hand on my knee.