20

Two weeks later

Well. It's been a week since I moved in with Jake and out of the house with Xavier and some of the guards that live their too. I haven't seen X all week, usually Darrel and Paul would come to my house and pick up El so she could stay with her dad.

Jake has been telling me that something big is happening in the gang. Something deathly, about a month ago Xavier pulled off a deal and merged with the Vendetta family so now he's even stronger if that's possible and usually he celebrates things like this with women like any other occasion . No wonder I haven't seen him all week.

I feel like a loser. When Jakes been gone for work and Els not around I mostly cry and sleep. I don't tell anyone because I don't want anyone to talk to me. I've been out of the house more though because I'm finally aloud to. I've been shopping a lot and I remembered that I love to walk. I've walked all the trails by our house, daydreaming about if my life wasn't like this. I just feel so alone and misplaced.

Right now I was sitting on the couch with my knees pressed to my chest. Jake promised that he would bring El back to me, she's been asking for me for the full two days we were separated

A second later the sound of the front door opens and closes. I expected to then hear little foot steps running towards me but no. Jake was quietly walking into the living room with a sleeping El transfixed in his large arms. Coming to give her to me, he gave me a happy smile and a wink. I hate to say it but these are the only people that I would like to hang out with right now. My friends were all having babies or or with their best friends and Xavier was coaxed with multiple women probably. It brought back pangs of hurt in my chest to think that he wasn't with me... more like not even thinking about me probably.

"I'm sorry she fell asleep in the car." Jake whispered getting on his knees in front of me and giving me a kiss on the cheek. He's a sweet guy.

"It's fine, how was she today?" I ask concerned. I haven't talked to her for two full days, I missed my little baby a lot when I cuddled her to my chest.

Jake lets out a deep sigh and shakes his head, "You know how she gets when she's tired, very antsy and sensitive. Didn't help that her dad wasn't really paying attention to her. He had enough women around him, lord knows."

There it was, the words I was dreading all week to hear. To think of Xavier with other women just tore my heart out. I knew that he was a playboy but when we told each other how we felt I thought he might understand that that hurts me to see him off parading girls with his body. I felt like getting on the ground and screaming until my lungs blow up and I die. I felt like punching Jake for telling me and running away. I felt like telling Xavier how much I hate him so I see the pain in his eyes and he leaves me alone.

But I couldn't do that, I loved him too much to say that I hated him. I just wanted him to step up and be a man, mabey take me away from Jake so we can have a nice life like we used to but no. I felt like a damn side piece now.

"Well thank you for taking her away from that." I thanked Jake and put my palm against his cheek, he laid his tired head against it and closed his eyes. Poor guy he has to deal with Xavier everyday.

"How bout I put El into bed then we can go cuddle and watch TV? Does that sound good?" Jake offered making me smile. I obviously nodded my head and handed my baby to him. Escaping up the stairs with her, when I just followed behind but went to our bedroom instead of Els Barbie themed one.

I'm glad to have some company now.

Jake returns a second later and starts taking off his clothes to get comfortable but leaving his boxers on. He understood when I told him I don't really want to have sex for a while. He's a sweet guy like I said.