Well it is Missouri...

Start from the beginning

"Well it is Missouri", Nate said.

Wanting to change the subject to something lighter I asked, "Where are you heading?"

"The Nosh- I need food before I take my last exam" he said.

Hooking arms we walked to the cafeteria. I couldn't help but think I was going to miss this place. In the past four years, all we talked about was getting out of here. Now, that it was finally happening I wish we could stay a little longer.

Just as we walked into the cafeteria I heard the Imperial March, my ringtone.

Fuck me dead. 

It was my mom.

Putting on my sweetest voice I answered, "Hi, Mommy". It always made Nate laugh the fact that I still called my mom, mommy. I mouth to him "Get us seats, please."

Doing his best Harley Quinn impersonation he said, "Anything else, pudding."Glaring at him I walked out the door to take the call outside.

"Jennifer? Who was that?" My mom asked curiously .

"No one, but Nate Mommy, so what's up?" I could hear my baby sister cooling through the phone. Using her baby voice she said," I have exciting news Daddy's boss is finally giving him that promotion yes he did, yes he did!"

Using her baby voice she said," I have exciting news Daddys boss is finally giving him that promotion, yes he did, yes he did!"

Really

"Hey Mommy, can you talk to me and not Jemma."

"Oh, sorry dear, anyway in celebration they are taking us all out to Tony's the for dinner tonight..I brought you a nice dress to wear. So, when you finish your finals come straight home. Then we can start getting you ready."

"Well la-di-da".

Going back to her baby voice "Yes, that's right"

Letting her drone on I sent my Dad a quick text.

To:Dad

Good job! It's about time you make that company your bitch.

Putting the phone back up to my ear I heard my mom complaining about the lawn needing more work. Wanting to get off the phone I said quickly "I'm walking into the exam right now, love you bbbbyyyyyeeeee".

I turned around and went back into the cafeteria building. I found Nate sitting at a table with Sara and Josh. I looked at Nate with sad eyes and said, "I can't make movie night tonight".

Josh looked at me and said, "Why? I cleaned our dorm so you guys could come over". Josh is 6' 3 with a voice as deep as James Earl Jones.With a voice like that I am sure since the time he his voice broke and turmed 12 nobody has dared told him no.

"My dad got a promotion and the company's wants to wine and dine our family tonight. I actually can't sit now either, I have to go home and get ready." I apologized and started to leave.

Sara jumped up "I'll walk with you to car park. I need to go pick up a book from the library and it's on the way."

Nate counter that with "Amazon?"

Sara put one hand on her hip and said "Not all of us are born rich."

Wrapping my arm around her shoulders I gave my best money bags impersonation "Yes, yes I do say Good fellow, the peasants couldn't understand. Why rent for free when you can buy".

Pulling Sara away we said our goodbyes. We reach the library and I said goodbye to Sara. Hugging her I said, "Let me know how the movie is?"

"You bet" she said smiling.

I made my way to the car park, to the top level where I reached my 2015 Chevy Spark and settled in for the 35 minute drive home. Putting in a Disney I looked over to the passenger window and saw a couple outside getting hot and heavy with each other. The girl was straddling the guy, her hips were moving like a wave pulled her hair and pulled her body closer to his chest. Completely lost in each other unaware to anyone else around them

Realizing that I was staring I snapped myself out of it put the car into reverse and drove home. Singing along to I Just Can't Wait to Be King from The Lion King I started to think about the couple in the car park. They were so into each other the way they molded their bodies around each other- The passion. I wanted that with someone.

At 24 never having a serious relationship beyond making out I was going to die a virgin.

Or so I thought...