24 |

(Y/N)'s POV
"Taeyeon?!" I gasped. Taeyeon put her hands on her knees as she panted heavily.

"L-leave." Taeyeon said to SHINee.

"But we're only supposed to listen to Minseok," Minho protested.

"Oh? Am I not Minseok's beloved sister? Are you not supposed to listen to me?" Taeyeon retorted, panting heavily. SHINee left the room reluctantly, glaring at Taeyeon.

"Minseok's coming to get you, you need to run," Taeyeon said, untying Jungkook and me.

"Why Minseok?" I asked.

"Minseok is adopted. Remember the incident with the boy in Jungkook's previous school? That boy...he was Minseok's biological brother. He heard the news from one of his friends and was really depressed. I guess that gave him a reason to attack the both of you," Taeyeon explained. Jungkook said nothing, and I knew that he probably thought that it was his fault.

"Jungkook-ah, it's not your fault," I comforted him. He hugged me and I could feel something wet on my shoulder. I rubbed his back lovingly. He pulled back and smiled at me.

"Thanks," he said to Taeyeon, who smiled back. Just as we were about to leave, the door opened, revealing a familar face.

"Leaving so soon?" Minseok smirked.

"Minseok oppa, please." Taeyeon pleaded.

"If the boy who had died was your brother, would you have forgave him?" Minseok laughed.

"It wasn't him!" I defended Jungkook, "He didn't do anything...it was that evil gang!"

"Do you really believe that?" Minseok laughed again. I looked at him in confusion and he shrugged.

"Ask him yourself," Minseok said.

"J-Jungkook..." I stuttered.

"I killed him. It was me. The gang threatened to kill me if I didn't, so I had to comply." Jungkook confessed, looking down at the floor. My eyes widened. All this while, he kept it from me?

"Heard that? Can't believe you gullible people actually believe him," Minseok said.

"It was either his life or the boy's, what could he do?" Taeyeon replied.

"As revenge, I get to kill you. Any last words?" Minseok took out a gun and pointed it at Jungkook. My eyes widened. Jungkook didn't do anything.

"Well, then." Minseok pulled the trigger.

"Jungkook!"

"(Y/N)!" Jungkook shouted my name, pressing onto the gunshot wound on my chest. I smiled at him.

"It..wasn't...your...fault..." I said before passing out.

~T I M E S K I P~
Jungkook's POV
"Happy anniversary," I said sadly, placing a bouquet of flowers on (Y/N)'s grave.
In loving memory of
(L/N) (Y/N)
Died at 21
"BTS won another award yesterday! Namjoon hyung can't stop breaking things in the house, and Jin hyung can't stop rambling about how handsome he is..." I rambled on and on about my hyungs and myself, chuckling.

Soon, it was time for me to leave. I kissed (Y/N)'s tombstone and smiled sadly at it. I turned around and walked out of the cemetery.

Taeyeon's POV
"When do you plan on showing yourself?" I asked.

"I don't know, really. It's truly a miracle that I'm still standing here," (Y/N) replied.
~F L A S H B A C K~
"S-she's dead?" I stuttered. Jungkook nodded solemnly and left the hospital, heartbroken. I dashed into the ward and saw her lying on the bed, motionless. I felt my knees go weak as I ran to her. Suddenly, the heart monitor started beeping again.

"Bwo?" I gasped. (Y/N)'s eyes slowly opened.

"Am I...alive?" she asked me. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Y-you just came back from the dead!" I exclaimed.

"Bwo?" now it was her turn to gasp.

"Where's Jungkook?" (Y/N) asked.

"He thought you were dead!" I replied.

"Well, I could pretend I were,"
~E N D O F F L A S H B A C K~
"BTS is having a fansign tomorrow, let's go there!" (Y/N) exclaimed. I smiled and nodded. I began imagining Jungkook's reaction when he sees (Y/N)...

Did you guys really think I was going to let you die?😂