9 | i

Jungkook's POV
I decided to call (Y/N). The call got connected but she did not pick up. Strange, she always picks up... I thought. I left her a text message.
(Y/N)💛
You: Hey (Y/N)! I called you but you didn't pick up. Call me back, okay?

(Y/N)'s POV
I was about to go to sleep when someone called me.

"Annyeong, (Y/N)-ah!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

"Taeyeon-ah, you're not acting like you lately. What's going on?" I replied. I could not bottle it up any longer.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry to tell you this, but I saw Jungkook with another girl." Taeyeon confessed.

"I don't believe you." I replied without hesitating. Jungkook wouldn't do this to me, would he? I thought.

"I took a photograph. I'll send it to you." Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon
Taeyeon:

"Believe me now?" Taeyeon asked

"Believe me now?" Taeyeon asked. I stared at the picture.

"Taeyeon-ah, you're kidding, right?" I replied.

"Ani! Why would I?" Taeyeon sighed.

"Isn't that Tzuyu, Jungkook's friend?" I asked. Jungkook told me Tzuyu was a friend that he met through Sana, our classmate.

"Yeah, I think that girl's from TWICE or something. Gotta go, (Y/N)! Bye!" Taeyeon hung up. I stared at the ceiling, not believing it. Suddenly, my phone rang again. It was Jungkook this time. I hung up on him. I did not want to believe Taeyeon, but I could not bring myself not to. Jungkook texted me, asking me to call him back. Should I? I thought. I dialled his number. Which girlfriend doesn't trust her boyfriend? I scolded myself and called Jungkook.

"Annyeong, (Y/N)~" Jungkook said happily.

"A-annyeong," I replied.

"You don't seem too happy, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked. I sent him the picture that Taeyeon sent.

"(Y/N)-ah~ didn't I tell you that Tzuyu was my ex-girlfriend from 3 years ago? This picture was taken 3 years ago, dummy! Taeyeon fooled you!" Jungkook explained. I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Jungkook-ah, what was Taeyeon talking to you about just now?" I asked.

"I'm about to tell you about what happened in my previous school, please don't get scared," Jungkook replied.

"2 years ago, in my previous school, I was in a gang. I didn't really do anything, I was just the guy that watched and didn't do anything at all. So this gang, they're bullies. One day, they bullied an emotional kid. This kid fought back, and it angered the gang leader. He told the gang to beat him up, and they did. I watched from a distance. I wanted to help, but I didn't want to risk being the kid getting beaten up. The next day, that kid commited suicide. Because of this, I moved to another school. I still think it's my fault, after all these years. I should've stood up and helped him." Jungkook explained.

"Jungkook-ah, it's okay. As long as you didn't do anything, you're fine. The past is the past. Maybe if you stood up, the person who died would've been the both of you. Maybe it's for the best." I replied, comforting him.

"Thanks for listening, (Y/N). I love you~" Jungkook said sweetly, and hung up. I smiled. Maybe talking it out was the best solution after all. However, something bit at me.

Why was Taeyeon doing this? What is her motive?