13 | r

(Y/N)'s POV
~F L A S H B A C K~
I was waiting patiently outside for Jungkook when Eunwoo came up to me, his expression unreadable.

"Mianhae, jinjja mianhae." Eunwoo said. I tilted my head sideways.

"Why are you sor-" I was cut off when Eunwoo suddenly pushed me to the ground. He started kicking me, his face grimacing with each kick. I clutched my stomach, crying out in pain. Suddenly, a group of girls joined in, kicking me in all directions.

I felt myself drifting in and out of consciousness. Am I going to die? I thought, and blacked out.
~E N D O F F L A S H B A C K~
"I can't believe he, of all people, did this to you," Jungkook shook his head in disbelief.

"Mianhae, I wasn't there to protect you," Jungkook apologised again. I shook my head.

"It's not your fault, for the last time." I lightly smacked his arm. He smiled.

"I like how you still display your cheerfulness even though you're hurt," Jungkook said. I sat up, stretching.

"Kaja!" I took Jungkook's hand and led him out of the school.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook asked.

"You'll see~" I shushed him with my finger. A few minutes later, we reached a park. The park was full of couples sitting on grass patches.

"Why are there so many people?" Jungkook asked. I chuckled softly.

"There's a fireworks show today, pabo!" I smiled. Jungkook's eyes widened.

"How come I didn't know?" Jungkook asked. I shrugged and sat down on an empty space, then gestured for him to sit down with me. He sat down beside me and looked up at the sky.

"It's so beautiful~" I said.

"Not as beautiful as you," Jungkook said, making me blush. I hid my face in his shoulder and he laughed, enjoying my shy reaction. Suddenly, a loud sound made me jump. The fireworks show had started.

I stood up, and Jungkook followed soon after. We watched as the fireworks lit up the beautiful sky. I was smiling from ear to ear. If only Na Ri could see this... I thought.
~F L A S H B A C K~
"I'll live, right?" Na Ri asked me. I smiled, ruffling her hair.

"Yes, you will live," I replied to my younger sister. She was 4 years old, and I was 16.

"Can I see the fireworks show next week?" Na Ri asked. I smiled and nodded at her.

"Of course, Ri." I replied.

My sister, Na Ri, had gotten a terminal illness and no one knew whether she could make it or not.

2 days later, Na Ri passed on. She passed peacefully in her sleep and didn't say her goodbyes to anyone. I was stricken with grief for a year until I realised that Na Ri wouldn't want to see me like this. I got a grip on myself and started becoming normal again. But I always knew that deep down in my heart, I was still despairing over Na Ri's death.
~E N D O F F L A S H B A C K~
"(Y/N)-ah, you really need to stop spacing out." Jungkook giggled at me. I 'woke up' and realised that the fireworks show had ended. I looked down at my shoes, trying to hide the tint of pink on my face. Jungkook took my hand and led me out of the park.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Pabo, home of course!" Jungkook flicked my forehead, laughing. I buried my face in his shoulders and laughed.
~T I M E S K I P~
Jungkook's POV
"Yah! Where did you go? Why did you come back so late? Did you eat?" Jin hyung bombarded me with questions as soon as I stepped into the dorm, but squealed when he saw (Y/N).

"(Y/N)-ah! You're here! Wait, how come you're both wet?" Jin hyung asked.

"Jungkook was walking me home when we got caught in the rain, so we ran to the dorm because it was nearer to the park," (Y/N) explained. Jin hyung nodded his head.

"What about your eomma and appa? Wouldn't they worry?" Jimin hyung emerged from the living room and asked.

"I called them a while ago and they were okay with it," (Y/N) replied.

"She's sleeping with me tonight," I said randomly.

"Is she going to sleep on the couch?" Jimin asked sarcastically. I led (Y/N) into my room and gave her my clothes to change into. After changing, we both lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. (Y/N) suddenly got up and wanted to leave the bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked, grabbing her wrist.

"I'm just getting a drink," (Y/N) replied, but I didn't let go. Instead, I sat up and pulled her closer to me. She blushed and I smiled. I closed my eyes and closed the gap between us.
~T I M E S K I P~
(Y/N)'s POV
"Yah! Jungkook-ah! Wake up!" I shook Jungkook wildly. He groaned and turned to the other side.

"Five more minutes..." he breathed.

"You've been saying that for thirty minutes already..." I reasoned. Jungkook hummed in annoyance and I sighed, leaving him alone. I freshened up and left the dorm, running back home after realising that I had less than an hour left to get ready.

I got dressed and brushed my teeth, then stuffed a piece of bread in my mouth and headed out, grabbing my bag. I opened the door and had a mini heart attack when I saw Jungkook standing outside the door.

"Annyeong!" Jungkook cheerfully greeted.

"How dith you geth here so fash?" I said with my mouth full.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Jungkook chuckled and we walked to school together. We reached school only to see eyes upon us, watching our every move. I hoped with all of my heart that this had nothing to do with Taeyeon.

"(Y/N) (L/N)!" I sighed, preparing for the worst.