"Brandy Dixon," I stopped and shook his hand.

"Well, nice to meet you, Brandy Dixon," Charles smiled, "Hey, uh, do you know the key code to the library. I was here last night and it was close so-"

"It took me two years to get that code, I'm not gonna just give it away," I said, before I walked in to the patient's room.

"I have to go, the doctors are here. Okay. Bye," Ms.Fremont hung up the phone and gave us her attention.

"Dixon, why don't you present," Bailey asked me.

"Betty Fremont. Age 27. End-renal disease. On dialysis for three years, waiting for a kidney. She's on her last excess site," I presented.

"That's a polite way of saying they've run out of places to stick needles," She said.

"Ms.Fremont has a subclavian catheter for access.  Why is this not ideal?" Bailey asked.

All of our hands shot up, except for Charles...

"It's difficult to obtain sufficient blood flow through the-oh," he looked around at all of us, "You guys raise hands."

••

"This is the nurse's lounge," I pointed out to Charles, "It's literally always someone's birthday

"This is the nurse's lounge," I pointed out to Charles, "It's literally always someone's birthday. So if you're nice to the nurses, you get cake. The lab."

"How are you doing, Dr.D? I heard about Dr.O'Malley and Dr.Stevens. I'm sorry," The toxicologist said, "They were both fine doctors."

"I'm fine and thank you," I nodded.

"Well if you need anything let me know," He smiled, handing me the labs.

"Thanks," I nodded.

Charles looked at me with a furrowed eyebrows.

"It's nothing," I smiled, at him before I walked away.

"Did you lose some of your friends?" He asked.

"I said, it's nothing," I told him, sternly.

"Want to know something deeply personal about me? See that girl over there? The one from the locker room this morning? That's Reed. I have the biggest crush on her," He sighed, "And she doesn't even know who I am. She calls me Charlie. No one names Charlie ever gets the girl. Charlie Brown, Charlie Manson. I'm not trying to minimize your dead friends or anything, but this really sucks for me."