•Boy in Boxers•

"The subscriber you're dialing is busy walking on the road. If you keep calling her for every five minutes, your subscriber will probably get hit by a bus. Call again in an hour"

Anika said controlling her laughter, voicing exactly like a recorded voice.

"Hit by a bus?!?! Oh my Mata.. is my daughter safe??" A voice screams. While Anika facepalms.

"Anika.. That's not fair. You should die, yes! Butwhy do you think im here?? And.. those calls, we just wanted to make sure your reached bangalore safely." Gauri whines on the other side, Making Anika burst into laughter.

"Enough of your phus-phusi. Anika beta, How is Bangalore?? Is everything alright??" Her mother now joins in.

Anika now mentally curses her sister, Gauri for turning on the speaker mode. Anika kept answering all the question her mom was posing.

"Reached Bangalore safely maa, Everything's alright. I reached here 15minutes back... Will reach my new house in another 5 minutes. Yes yes.. i came by Auto. And yes, i bargained well. No, the Auto driver didn't drive fast. He infact never crossed 30. Fine, ill eat on time.. okay.. im not skipping my breakfast anymore..ok ok.. Maa can i speak to Gauri alone please??" 

Anika couldnt help but felt extremely annoyed the whole time. And when Gauri grabbed the phone..

"Hey couch potato.. i've told you many times not to turn on the speaker. See how she started with her lectures. Okay.. ill call you once i reach the house. Bubbye. Hey listen.. even now that room is mine, okay.. dont you dare stick your Hrithik roshan posters everywhere and spoil my room" she speaks and cuts the call before Gauri starts another fight.

She walks swaying her perfectly curved hips on the busy Bangalore road and enters a calm street covered by trees on both sides. It was breezy and pleasant.

Anika imagined herself spending her days in bangalore on this street, every evening while returning home from work. It's been just an hour in this new city but she started loving it already.

She reached her house and took a complete look. Took a selfie with it and posted it as her instagram story. "New house" was the caption that tagged along.

She was admiring the beautiful creepers hanging before the entrance and the Steel cladded wooden sliding door was just perfect.

Standing before the door, she took a deep breath. "Finally. Your new house, Anika. You are gonna do wonders in this city. And you are gonna prove your mother that you can be independent. You're not leaving this house until you prove her" she assures herself and opens the door.

She takes baby steps and looks around the house. It looked pretty 'ready'. Like.. she was expecting it to be dirty and was preparing herself to clean the mess. But to her surprise, the hall was just 'clean'.

"Wah.. it's awesome!" She exclaims and her eyes was still wandering.

Suddenly she hears a creaking sound. She stood frozen with her eyes opening wide.
Slowly turning towards the direction where the noise had come from, she picks up a nearby pan.

Getting herself into a ninja pose, she walks towards the door that was making the sound.

Suddenly the door wide-opens, and a guy with his ruffled hair, blue-green sleepy eyes, and more specifically with only his boxers, comes out with a toothbrush in his mouth.