•Almost.. Just almost•

Shivaay was having his moment.

He was smiling from his heart. Holding his favourite girl under the shimmering moonlight.

He did not spell Marriage, but whatever he said was pointing to it.

Anika was mentally spirally. But Suddenly Everything felt magical. Maybe she was ready for this. Shivaay may not have been a Prince charming but he was the only one who completely believed in Anika. He trusted her, befriended her, loved her and went through a trauma with her. If he really confessed... Anika is saying Yes. But Maybe she was dreaming. All of this was a dream. Maybe she slipped into a beautiful dream after she laid on the bed.

"Anika, stop zoning out on me" Shivaay giggled shaking Anika's shoulders.
Anika gulped as she looked at Shivaay.

"..Yes" Anika said silently.
Shivaay scrunched his eyebrows and shrugged. "Yes for what?" His tone seemed genuinely confused. His stare wasnt focused.. he was randomly picking on the window pane and now gently raised his head to look at her.

"WHAT?" He wasnt confessing!

Anika was taken aback. Her eyes widened and she gulped enough for shivaay to notice.
"Anika? Is something wrong?" He asked with his sparkles fading in his eyes. His tone was rather weirdly restraining.

"Nope!" She rushed with the fakest of smikes and shook her head.

"Okay, it's getting late..you better sleep" he said patting her head rather a bit clumsily.

He pulled her for a quick forehead kiss and walked away like nothing happened. When Anika's heart was practically a frenzy now.

She actually though he was confessing and was almost at the verge of accepting.

What just happened? Anika ran her fingers through her hair and grabbed them tight. Maybe she even pulled out a hair or two.
"Arghhhhh" she grumbled silently as she crept back to bed. She rolled over pretty much the whole night and barely slept.
She was embarrassed for what she did.

__________

Shivaay was pacing back and forth in his room. Biting his nails.

"HAPPY KANOODULING SIR JI" he heard Janaki screaming out side the house.
Shivaay stood still and took a minute to probably expecting to hear it again.

"Have a Great KANOODULING" she now yells again gaining the attention of both Shivaay and Anika who about to take a sip of her coffee.

They both run frantically outside to see Janaki practically greeting every passer-by with a smile and her newly learnt word 'Canoodling'.

"Ma, dont embaress me infront of the neighbours." Anika tries pulling her mother inside.
"Arey.. You only Told me KaNooDuLing was a Banglorian word. I thought id use it. But why is That girl looking at weirdly?" Janaki scratched her head looking at a fair yound girl on the road.

"Canoodling is basically Cuddling, aunty. You know like.. Hugging and kissing and.." Vicky joins the conversation as he entered the house.

"Oh my maata!" Janaki's ears turned red out of uncomfort.

"Basically what Shivaay and Anika does" He completes with a smirk.

Janaki gives a fierce stare to Vicky while Anika tried hiding behind Shivaay.

Shivaay was not even listening. He quickly grabbed Vicky and ran to his room.

"We are straight, by the way!" He yells on his way in since he knew he was getting weird stares when Shivaay pulled him. 

"Classic" Anika chuckles covering up her blushing cheeks and walks back to the kitchen.

"Dont burn the house sister" Gauri comments as she sleepily slumped on the beanbag.

____________

"You Chickened out?!!!!!" Shivaay could clearly see the Rage in Vicky's voice.

Shivaay was covering his face with his palms as he sat on the bed's rim.

"Im sorry okay? I tried. But I-i just couldn't." His voice was faltering.

"You are not going to blame this on Sheryl, are you? " Vicky was angry but now his tone seemed concerned.

"I..I dont know!" His voice was barely audible.

Vicky took a deep sigh. He kneeled right beside Shivaay and firmly held his shoulders.

"Shivaay! Just because it messed up once, doesnt mean it would happen again!" Vicky sounded sad.

"She said Yes' Vicky" Shivaay whispered almost heart broken.

"Anika said Yes." He adds noticing the gasp from Vicky

"And so did Sheryl" Shivaay couldnt pull himself together anymore. His eyes started to well up.

"And Anika isnt Sheryl, Shivaay. You know that!" Vicky said almost worried how much Sheryl had affected his best friend.

" She isnt. But I dont know why.. but I get these jitters whenever I start imagining my life with Anika. You think, I havent thought about having to hold her hand and walk down that aisle. Because that's pretty much on my mind everyday for God's sake." A tear rolls down his cheeks.

"But what if–"

"What if Anika dumps you for another man?
Has sex with someone else on the sofa?
Bloody give you an Heart attack all over again? Because we both fucking know Anika would never do that!" Vicky was getting furious now.

"She said Yes, buddy. She literally said yes. And you, for the love of god, chickened out and acted as if nothing happened?? Vicky wasnt having it. He was getting outright angry.

"You think Anika is fine now? She probably did not sleep last night. Probably is planning on going to the ENT doctor to check her ears because she fucking thinks she heard you propose! You are hurting her, shivaay" Vicky huffs out in disbelief.  He didnt want his 2 bestfriends to mess up the emotions.

"She deserves better" Shivaay whispers.
"You are better. But just out of your mind for losing your only oppurtunity to grab your girl." Vicky snaps as he stood up. He quicked paced his way out the door and poof he was gone.

Anika enters the room with her head still turned to the direction Vicky had dashed into.

"Hey...is everything alright?.. Why does Vicky look Weirdly Angry to me.?" Anika looked confused.

"I messed up. And i promise to fix it" Shivaay assured Anika with a Smile.
Anika just nodded still in her thoughts.

_____________

Never thought id update in 2 days. But yay😁
I loved writing this chapter.

And i think i finally have a clear Plot for the story. 👀 Hold on just right here, okay?
Drop in the votes and comments. 🌟

Happy reading :)