~Under supervision~

- A week later-

"Slowly! Slowwwly." Anika whimpered before she tried getting down the car. She had one of her arms safely around Shivaay's for balance and she held Gauri's hands in the other. Janaki stepped down from the other door and dashed around the hood quickly.

She looks at Anika, Her arm around Shivaay's neck. And SHIVAAY'S HAND AROUND HER WAIST. 

"Ahem ahem!" She coughs 

Shivaay notices Janaki's angry stare and she looks down to his arm again. Shivaay swallows a lump and stares back innocently with a growing sheepish smile.

Anika notices the tensed atmosphere and keeps bouncing her eyes between her mother's might-anytime-erupt-volcanic Deadly glare and Pouting Shivaay's hopeless situation.

She bites her lower lip controlling her smile.
She is immediately reminded of last week's encounter.

*Flashback*

"You!" she points to shivaay.
"AND ... AND YOU!" she points to Anika.

"Ma.. I can expla-" Anika begins imagining all the fake scenarios she could come up with to handle the situation. "Should I say I was looking for lice in his head.." Nah... too dramatic. Should I say he's a close friend from work. Nah.. she probably won't believe me. Maybe I could tell her..- her imaginations were flooding up.

"Ma.. I love Anika" Shivaay says without flinching. He looked as if he was a warrior right in the middle of a battlefield waiting to strike his opponent with a Humanity speech turning the bad guy into a Saint.

Anika facepalmed herself mentally.

"Wh-what?" Janaki stuttered taken aback with Shivaay's words.

"IwantedtotalktoyouaboutitforaverylongtimeIlovehersomuchanditistimeyouknewwhatifeelforher" he says in one breath.

Anika and her mother couldn't comprehend what he just said. Both looked at him in confusion.

"Ma.. I know it is typical for any mother to feel angry right now. But I need you to trust me. Give me a moment to explain myself. Just this once. Listen to me. TRUST ME" He says and looks keenly for an answer.

Janaki just stares back to Anika who had a expecting face desperately asking her mother to give this a chance.
Janaki turns to Shivaay, stays quiet for a bit and Blinks a few time.
She huffs out and nods slowly.

Shivaay begins to explain everything from the start and Doesn't stutter anywhere while he tries to put in words to describe how deeply he is in love with Anika. He did censor out the Romance parts and Anika would blush everytime he searched for words to fill in for all the parts that he missed.

Janaki decided to give him a chance. Only and ONLY if she finds him okay. She said she needed proof that Shivaay was worth it.

All this while Anika just couldn't understand how he convinced her mother. He even broke open their secret of living in the same house. She was sure Shivaay was going to see some flying slippers his way.. but that sure did not happen. Instead, Janaki decided to see for herself, how much Shivaay meant whatever he told her.