51: adventure time

so, I spent my wedding night with twins as we unwrapped gifts. Not how I thought it was going to go down but at least it wasn't cliché. The thing I liked best about the wedding (besides getting married) was the fact that it was chilled out and just so relaxing.

I slept like I was in a pile of clouds and I was going to stay there forever.

The next morning, I woke up around ten and Grayson woke up soon after me whilst I was scrolling through my phone and seeing all the people who had congratulated the two of us and wished me a happy birthday.

I was on cloud nine.

Sleepily, Grayson woke up and looked up at me, "good morning hubby..." I said with a big smile as I turned to look at him properly and to admire this man who I was now married to.

"morning wifey," he smiled back as he rubbed his eyes free of sleep.

"so..." I sat up and onto my feet, "what are we doing today then?"

"adventuring..." he smiled at me and then turned away from me, "but first we sleep."

"Gray..." I said as I patted him on the back, "it's already ten, we need to get ready and do stuff!"

"fine!" he stretched and then proceeded to get up, "you're showering first though."

"why?"

"you'll fall back asleep and then I'll feel bad for waking you up." He said to me,

"how do I know you won't do the same?" I asked with a raised eyebrow,

"because I won't." he said and I knew he was lying because he did that smile that lots of people do,

"you go first then..." I laughed,

"together?"

"go!" I said and he put his hands up in defence before walking off to the bathroom laughing.

I scrolled through the comments on a picture that Grayson posted yesterday with the caption, 'my family'. The picture was of everyone that went to the wedding yesterday. I liked the photo. Lots of the comments asked who some of the people were and the majority of them were just congratulatory.

When Grayson was done in the shower, I went in there and had my shower. For the day, I shoved on a pair of workout leggings (comfort matters) and threw on a long sleeve t-shirt because it was about fifteen degrees outside and no way was I going to wear shorts.

Grayson had other ideas.

"whoa... you're going to die out there." He said as he saw me,

"why?" I said as I assessed my outfit,

"you're gonna' get warm." He said nodding his head,

"shall I change my top then?"

"probably best..."

Grayson was wearing a pair of shorts and a simple t-shirt. I changed my top into a short sleeved one and then we were ready to go. Ethan was downstairs and ready to go. I was unaware of the fact that he was coming, but I wasn't mad at that.

"where first then?" I asked them and they looked at each other before Ethan mentioned the car.

I was on filming and photo duty today because apparently (in the words of Ethan) 'the rivers are so cool that you HAVE to jump in them and get dope pics.'

Grayson parked the car in the middle of a field and then we were off walking into the forest on the other side of it,

"what if we lose the car?" I asked them,

"uh... we should be fine." Grayson said.

Famous last words.

About five hours later, we were back in the woods after a day of adventuring and taking photos and jumping into rivers and streams and lakes. Also, we did lots of walking. So much walking that the step count on my phone said about 20,000 steps in around six hours... I didn't even know that was possible.

"I can't believe we're lost..." Ethan said to Grayson as we looked around for an exit to the forest,

"does anyone recognise this tree?" I asked them as I pointed to a really tall one with someone's initials in a heart on it.

"no... do you?" Grayson asked me,
"no." I said feeling pretty useless right now,

"great." He sighed,

"I can't believe you got us lost!" Ethan said to Grayson,

"how is this my fault!" Grayson said back to him,

"because you're dumb and lost the car," Ethan said and Grayson pulled a weird face at him,

"can you not right now... we've got to get out of here." I said loudly to stop them from arguing with each other, "does anyone have a connection?" I asked as I pulled out my phone from my Vans backpack,

"no..." they said in synchronisation as they checked their phones too,

"does anyone know how to find north?" I asked as looked up to the sky,

"why north?" Grayson asked me,

"I don't know..." I shrugged, "it seems like something that'd happen in a movie."

"our phones have a compass!" Ethan exclaimed, "but North back the way we came."

"is there like a walkway or some dirt we walked on the way here?"

"um..." Grayson said as he was thinking, "I guess we could follow the bridge pathway back to somewhere."

"that's a great idea!" I said as I was glad that we finally had a way of getting back,

"back the way we came?" Ethan asked us,

"yep..." Grayson replied.

We all walked along with some music playing from the mini speaker which Grayson stole off of Cameron. When we arrived at the bridge near the cliff, we followed the pathway all the way to the outside of the forest. From there, Ethan phoned Cameron to get her to pick us all up.

She was not answering.

Then he tried Lisa and then Sean.

Neither of them picked up. So, in the end, we walked along the outskirts of the forest (which was unbelievably far) and an hour later, we came across the car sitting there in the place we lost it,

"so... we were walking in the complete opposite direction to begin with?" I asked even though I was evidently stating the obvious,

"apparently so." Grayson said,

"okay... let's go, I wanna' watch Spiderman." Ethan said as he pulled on the car's door handle,

"uh..."

"it's on at six." He said and then Grayson laughed,

"but why do you want to watch it?" I asked him, even though I would watch it for Andrew Garfield without hesitation,

"because the original one is great,"

I'm not greatly fussed by Toby Maguire. Tom Holland on the other hand...

"whatever." I said before shouting shot gun and grinning in Ethan's face as he sat there and sulked.

It was an eventful day, as far as adventures go.

---

when i titled this chapter, all i could think about is the theme tune to Adventure Time and i realised how cute and relaxing the song is... Adventure Time is a bomb af show.

GUESS WHO GOT HER EARLY GCSE RESULTS YESTERDAY.... MEEEEEEE (all i got was my statistics one but its still a GCSE and i am FREAKING PLEASED)

i got an A... 165 out of 200 so life is reallllyyy good for me right now. 

(I'm not trying to brag... i'm just really proud of myself and why shouldn't i be?)