40: London Cosmo

The next day was quite boring. I didn't really do much apart from walk the dog and finish off packing for my trip. I then realises that if I was going to Paris straight after New Jersey, I would need to go shopping because I didn't really pack for decent weather, I only packed for British weather which usually consisted of rain and clouds with the occasional break of sunshine and then some more rain.

When the day came for me to go off to New Jersey, I showered and washed my greasy hair before gathering my things, shoving my blow-dried hair into a bun and heading out of the door after saying goodbye to everyone.

I slumped into my Dad's car as he dropped me off at the airport and then gave him a hug goodbye as I left him to go and get on the plane. I went through all of the security and checks before heading over to the departure lounge to browse through the duty free and looking at handbags which I wanted to buy but in reality, I could not afford them.

I phoned Grayson but he didn't pick up so I just resorted to scrolling through Instagram and checking my snapchats.

I posted a snapchat of my trainers as I was waiting for my gate to be called. I captioned the snap 'NJ bound if my gate gets called...'

After being bored out of my mind, I checked my email's and saw that Madeline had sent me some of the pictures from the shoot this morning, so I flicked through them before posting one from each of the locations onto my Instagram.

The one I chose from near the bush I captioned 'jacket-mum's closet and vintage all the way.' And then second one I chose, which was from the field, I captioned 'loved this shoot... go check out @MadelinePhotos.'

My gate was then called around ten minutes later so I gathered my carry-on bag and headed off to the entrance to the gate.

My boarding pass was scanned and then I was off onto the plane. I found my window seat pretty easily and shimmied along the row to go and sit down.

All of the passengers boarded the plane and then the dreaded announcement was aired.

'this is your captain speaking, I am sorry to inform that the flight to Newark airport today has been delayed by an hour. If the time increases or decreases, I shall let you know.'

"brilliant." I sighed.

"somewhere to be?" the woman sat next to me asked after I checked my apple watch,

"not anywhere majorly important... just to see my fiancé so we can get married and I haven't seen him in weeks." I laughed,

"sounds like you've got a busy couple of day..." she said trying to make conversation.

"something like that." I said as I thought about my next few weeks.

"hang on a minute..." she said looking at me and then opening her magazine, "is this you?" she said as she pointed her spindly finger at a page where there was a photograph.

It was one of the photographs which were taken by Madeline and had only been released this morning.

Or so that's what I knew.

"yeah..." I said looking confused, "when did you get this?"

"I got this earlier... did you not know it was in here or something?"

"I thought those photos came out an hour ago..." I said and then whipped out my phone to text Madeline.

Me: found 1 of your pics in a magazine. How'd it get there?

She replied pretty quick,

Madeline: I sent them off to a magazine after they found out about the shoot and wanted an inside scoop.

I puffed out air as I read the text,

"the photographer sold the pictures yesterday..." I said to the woman.

"oh." She said and then shut her copy of the magazine.

I texted Grayson to tell him that there was a story of me in one of the magazines and that Madeline had sent off the photos to the company before I even got a copy of them. He asked me if she made any money off of the shots and I guess she must've. To be honest... she needed the commission more than me. After all, all I did was pose while she worked her magic.

I asked the woman if I could read the article which was featured in the copy.

'Ava Richards made a comeback in Hertfordshire based photographer Madeline Dickson's shots earlier this week. the pictures are quite moody and edgy as she is seen looking straight faced in the cloudy atmosphere.'

Lots more was said in the article but the ending made me wonder,

'could miss Richards be making a comeback in her home town? We sure hope so because Abercrombie pictures are quite over used nowadays.'

I closed the magazine and passed it back to the lady before thanking her.

I sent Grayson a photo of the article as the woman seemed to be excited to be sat next to someone who was been features in London Cosmo. I was pretty excited as well.

"aren't people like you meant to be in first class?" she asked me with her eyebrow raised,

"twenty grand for a ticket? I like luxury but I could easily buy a car with that..." I laughed and she laughed too.

Grayson replied saying: 'congrats! Maybe you're starting to take the modelling world by storm after all.'

Maybe.

---

i have about twenty chapters left to write... ooooooooohhhhhhh yeahhhhh

my recently ombre hair is fading so much and now i have to wait another 9 months until i can get it done professionally at a salon. i mean, an eight pound bottle of dye didnt turn out bad, it just faded too quickly. oh well...