25: it's over

That night, I headed over to Emily's house for a well needed catch up.

"Ava!" she screamed as she opened the door to see me standing there holding a crate of beer, "you came and brought beer!" she said and a crowd of people cheered in the background.

"tonight... we get wasted," someone from the inside of the house exclaimed as I stepped into the house of alcohol.

I popped open a bottle of beer and took a few sips before sitting down on the couch and seeing a few people I hadn't seen since I moved to LA about sixteen months ago.

Joe, Emily, Chloe, Logan and Eleanor were all shoved into the apartment and placed over two sofas. There were a few other people in the room sitting on the floor such as a girl Maya and her boyfriend Kyle. The two of them were very good friends with Emily so that was the reason they were there.

I continued to sip the beer as we spoke about lots of different things.

"how's Harper?" Chloe asked me as she poured herself another glass of cola,

"she's doing really good... her baby is so cute," I said nodding to her,

"oh my god! I forgot that she had a baby!" Maya exclaimed and I showed everyone a picture of her son.

"now... here's the real question," Chloe started, "how's the internet star?" she,

I blushed and then said, "he's doing really good too," I laughed,

She raised her eyebrow at me and then everyone started laughing as the conversation grew and branched off into different subjects.

Then I received a call.

"hello?" I answered as it was Ethan and he never really called me... especially if I was in a different country.

"hey, I don't want to worry you but-"

"Ethan... what is going on?" I asked as my voice dropped,

"Grayson had a bit of an accident when he was skateboarding..." he said and I instantly sighed,

"is he okay?" I asked, "can I talk to him..."

there was a bit of muffling as the phone was passed over, "hey," said a raspy voice,

"you don't sound good," I said feeling sympathetic,

"thanks..."

"what did you do? Are you okay? Do I need to get on a plane?" I asked panicked as I moved further away from the people and stepped outside the apartment,

"no, no, no, everything is fine. I'm just a bit... scratched up. That's all," he said I could sense the hesitation in his voice.

"Grayson... please don't lie to me right now," I said sounding worried,

"ava." He said seriously, "I'm absolutely fine... go back to having fun with your friends," he said in a really faked reassuring tone,

"you better not be lying to me," I said shaking my head,

"I would never..." he said to me before saying he loved me and then handing the phone back to Ethan.

"is he really okay?" I asked because I knew that Ethan would tell me the truth,

"he'll get better... just a few scratches," he said through the phone.

"okay." I said before saying goodbye to Ethan and then hanging up.

I walked back into the apartment as music blared through the speakers and Eleanor was walking around the apartment with a dance in her step. I found it pretty weird... the fact that she's here and so is he and I'm just standing there being a bit excluded from the festivities.

Oh well. They're happy and I'm happy. That's the best it can be.

"is everything okay?" Logan asked me as I went to sit back down on the couch,

"yeah... yeah," I said as I brushed my hand through my hair and smiled reassuringly,

"good... we don't want that guy to be getting in your wrong books, now would we?" he laughed,

"excuse me?" I asked as my blood began to boil up within me.

"well," he said as he sat up in his seat and Emily turned her concentration to the conversation, "he's an internet celebrity and hell would break lose if something bad happened to him."

"hell would break lose if anything bad happened to anyone. Just because people call him an internet star, does not mean that he is of some higher level than the rest of the world," I said to him as I furrowed my eyebrows, "and for the record, don't call him that guy again... thanks."

Logan sighed and Emily slowly stood up and asked me if I wanted to go outside. To which I declined and then downed the rest of my beer.

I looked at my phone a few hours later to see that it was past one in the morning and I had a flight to catch in eight hours. I looked around me at the few bottles and glasses which had accumulated as I stood up to tell everybody that I was going to go home now.

Logan stood up as I was about to leave and offered to walk me out.

"hey, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry..." he said sheepishly as I slung my bag over my shoulder and listened to him, "I guess I'm just a bit jealous still."

I watched as he scratched the back of his head and then I sighed. "you know what Logan... I reckon you should let your girlfriend know how you feel because she loves you and wants to be with you. I, on the over hand, do not. Thanks for letting me know but this has been over for about a year. you know that, I know that and the whole world knows that. So just leave it."

I've needed to do that for the longest time...