2: Axl

I was the first person to get the call. Jack rang me and explained everything but left out a key detail. What the hell was going on.

I did have an idea though; she was giving birth.

Grayson and I sped down the road and through the motorways to get to the hospital. Just her luck that her mum went back to England to visit extended family when the baby decided to pop out painfully.

"I can't believe my best friend is about to have a baby," I muttered to Grayson as he drove,

"I know, we're all so grown up," he beamed with a gentle laugh which was strange for him,

"true," I agreed as he pulled into the hospital parking before we made our way over to the maternity ward.

I tugged at the bottom of my jumper to straighten it out as the automatic doors drifted apart to let us in.

"hi miss," the kind lady behind the counter said to me,

"hello, I'm looking for Harper," I said before she said the room number and sent us on our way.

The two of us entered the maternity room which smelt a lot like disinfectant. Grayson squeezed my hand as the two of us walked down the corridors which seemed to go on for miles but I think it was just because I was excited to see her and her baby who was soon to be born.

We finally found her room and already the room was full. Jack was sat in the armchair with his booted foot tapping anxiously on the floor as we entered.

"hello friend, long time no see," I beamed as I saw her laying there with a scowl on her face.

"Ava!" she said happily and Jack stood up to greet up properly,

"how are you doing?" I asked her as if I didn't already know the answer,

"oh you know, just having a grand old time shoving a watermelon out of my body," she said sarcastically as I thought she would.

"as I thought you would be," I laughed,

Grayson and I went to go into the waiting room just before she was due to give birth and it was a good half of an hour until we could go back into the delivery room where she was.

Then we were.

"I can't believe we're about to see her baby, this is so exciting, isn't it?" I said as I slowly opened the door which I could not see through anymore as the window of the door was covered with a small grey curtain.

There the baby was. Curled up tightly in Harper's arms and being cuddled by Jack. Grayson walked in first and the aws were flowing.

By classification of what the baby's downstairs, it was a boy.

Little baby Axl. Harper and Jack decided to name him after the guy from Guns n' Roses. Harper has always loved them and always loved Axl Rose. At the same time, I believed that it was quite cliché of them to name their first born after their favourite artist but each to their own.

Grayson looked at me as I felt my eyes widen and brighten, he was blissful.

I wanted one.

Baby steps though.

The two of us walked closer and tried not to scare the small child from our presence. I wanted to literally just pinch his chubby cheeks but I strained myself from doing so.

He was a bald little baby, but he had piercing eyes that seemed to look right through you just as Harper did. He looked like a real mix of the two of them. Just perfection.

"he's a little wrinkly, isn't he?" Harper commented which made us all giggle and snigger at the little wrinkly arms that funnily reminded me of a sumo wrestler.

I reached out my arms as Harper passed him to me gently. I cradled him. This was the first time I had properly cradled a baby before and I loved it. To me, children were never a priority in what I wished my future to be but as I stood there staring down at Axl as he looked back at me I couldn't help but picture everything. Absolutely everything.

Firstly, I pictured the wedding. Me in a gorgeous lace dress which costs too much money and made me gasp when I saw the price tag but it would be worth it in the end. Then there was Grayson standing at the end of the isle looking at me with awe and love as we locked eyes. That's all I wanted from the wedding, an amazing eye lock.

Then there was the lifetime full of three children. Two boys and a girl. I would hope that the boys came first so they could keep themselves busy and then I would love a little girl whose hair I could braid and then she could run off and play football with her brothers. Who knows, I could have braided all three of their hair.

After that they would all go and peruse whatever they wanted from life. I was not going to disown them or frown upon them (unless they became criminals or addicts of some sort, even then I would support them throughout).

And finally, grow old with Grayson. I cannot forget him.

That was it. All in the split seconds of looking at Axl's eyes. I smiled brightly at him and wished that he was in my future. Well, not him but a baby at least.

I passed him over to Grayson who went to sit in the 'Dad' chair as he cradled him back and forth. He looked up at me as I smiled and he did too, I guess I have a lot to look forward to.