48: if the shoe fits

I woke up at around eight in the morning to be told by Grayson that people would be at the venue at eleven. With that news, I jumped in the shower and then jumped out when I was done.

"today is going to be amazing." I said to Grayson as I left the bathroom in some joggers and a T.

he was wearing pretty much the same thing.

The two of us headed downstairs and Sean had prepared some breakfast for everyone.

"you're not even ready!" Lisa said as she walked into the kitchen,

"we've got two hours..." Grayson said to her,

"not you..." she said as she looked at me, "you haven't even dried your hair." She laughed,

"uh... food is more important to me right now." I said and Grayson held his hand up for me to high-five it.

"that's my girl." He said and nodded his head to me which made his mum laugh and roll her eyes.

I tucked into the eggs and bacon, which were spread out on a plate. After a few minutes of eating, Ethan sluggishly walked down the stairs,

"today better be worth it because I am never waking up this early again!" Ethan exclaimed,

"your flight home is at seven in the morning..." Sean said to his son,

"what?" he said shocked,

"yeah." Sean nodded back and then Ethan tucked into his breakfast as well.

"the whole family is here and eating... good start." Lisa smiled,

I felt so happy that she called me family.

"that was a good breakfast..." Grayson said as he sat up straight and stretched out his back, "I better go hit the gym now..." he joked,

"no!" his mum said loudly,

"I'm only joking..." he laughed and she sighed.

After breakfast was finished, I had my hair curled loosely and then the front parts were tied back in a draped manner. My makeup was put on with a simplistic pink look which accented the green in my eyes somehow.

I still had an hour until guests arrived at the venue so, I was pushing it for time now since I had no idea how long it would take to get there.

"I forgot to say something to you earlier..." Grayson said as he walked into the room I was in,

"yeah?"

"happy birthday..." he smiled and held out something for me,

"Grayson... you already gave me a present." I said because this was going to be too much,

"call it a wedding gift." He shrugged,

I took the box from his hands as he looked at me biting his thumb and tapping his foot in suspense,

"wedding rings!" I said to him as I hugged him,

"do you like them?"

"they're gorgeous!" I exclaimed as I looked at the simple platinum wedding bands. My one was accented with a petit diamond in the centre and on the inside 'Grayson' was engraved in the metal. For his one, it was the same but without the diamond and 'Ava' was engraved onto his one.

"thank god! These were a risky bet." He said as he wiped his forehead,

"I love them... almost as much as I love you." I said and kissed him,

"have I got lipstick on me now?" he asked me and then I laughed as I shook my head,

"I better go and put my dress on." I said to him,

"is that what Ethan put in the closet for you?" he asked,

"yes." I smiled and then headed off to go and put on my dress.

I felt like an actual princess. The way the dress flowed so delicately and the way that the lace was so perfectly designed.

I stood there in my dress as I took a mirror selfie and saved it so I could post it on snapchat later on. I scrolled through twitter to see that lots of people had wished me a happy birthday and I liked as many of them as I could.

I sent out a few tweets saying 'guys... I'm getting married on my birthday... wtf?' and 'wedding day feels'. I saw that Grayson had posted an Instagram picture of the two of us a year ago today and had captioned it with a giant paragraph.

it read, 'this girl has meant the most to me for the past year (and before to be honest). I knew I loved her when she surprised me in New York 365 days ago to this day. Her and Ethan are pretty much best friends and she's pretty much my best friend too. She is the only person that I can see being my one true love for the rest of my life. People will hate and people will shame us for getting married too young but Ava... I want to say to you that no matter what, all we need is love. Happy one year, happy wedding day and happy 19th. You're a goddess, keep ruling the world xxxx'

I had to comment on his post with 'you're my world and I am incredibly excited to be living my life with you. Xx'.

For a proper comment, I posted a pic of the two of us and gave it a really the caption 'for my entire life, I have dreamt of that one person who I would grow old with and evidently, spend my life with. Never in a billion years would I have ever thought that I would find you in sunny Los Angeles. On this day a year ago, you came to New York to meet me and we started dating. You met my friends and you've just made my life a million times better just by being you. I love you Gray xxxx'

"Ava!" someone shouted from downstairs.

I stepped carefully down the stairs and saw that Ethan was standing there in his Tux with my shoes in his hand,

"may I?" he asked in a gentlemanly manner,

"you may." I laughed,

"sensible please." He said in a fake British accent which made me laugh even more,

he slipped the ivory heels onto my feet,

"the shoes fit!" he exclaimed,

"thank you, Ethan," I said as he stood up for me to give him a hug,

"you look amazing and Grayson will probably faint from stun when he sees you." Ethan said and I laughed a little bit more.

"you clean up nice yourself." I said to him,

"you should see Grayson..." he said and then his name was shouted, "I've got to go, good luck." He said and then walked off towards the garden.

Strange.

My dad walked into the room and I looked at him confused,

"dad?"

"shall we go... everyone's ready." He said to me and then took me in his arm.

We walked towards the double back doors as they opened.

I gasped.

---

Yoooooo..... I just cut my nails and they were quite long and now my thumbs feel like actual thumb, does that make sense to anyone?