49: infinity

I looked ahead of me to see the stone pathway (which was already in the ground) lead up to rows of chairs filled with people in formal outfits.

Was I getting married here?

I looked at my dad with shock as fairy lights were hung up in the trees and along the various sheds in the garden.
"I can't believe this..." I said to him stunned,

"it's your big day." My dad smiled at me.

Soft music played in the background as I watched Grayson from the other end of the isle in a similar tuxedo to Ethan. He stood there with such ease and smiled throughout the walk. Ethan was by his side and I looked over to see Harper standing there with Axl in her arms smiling at me.

Behind all of them was an archway which featured lilies and ivy threaded within the lattice. Flowers were pretty much everywhere at this wedding. The bouquet that I was handed as the doors opened also included lilies.

My favourite flower.

My dad gave me a big hug as I stood next to Harper and hugged her afterwards,

"I can't believe this." I smiled to Grayson and he just stood there and gave me the biggest toothy smile.

When it came to the vows, Grayson read his out with such ease.

"Ava, there are lots of things that I have thought about in my life... and there are lots of things I have regretted. But loving you, I didn't have to think about because it was almost instant. I know for a fact that today will fall under something I will never regret because, how could I? being your husband is the only thing I want in the world at this moment and standing here in front of you, makes me feel like I'm on top of the world which you have helped me build."

I cried. I cried at his vows because they were beautiful and I was in such a euphoric mood that nothing was telling me otherwise.

When it came for me to say my vows, I spoke from the heart and to me, that's all that I thought mattered.

The wedding bands were slipped on and the world was filled with tranquillity.

---

"you may now kiss the bride." The wedding officiator said to us and then we kissed.

Petals were thrown over us as Ethan gave me a congratulatory hug,

"congratulations... new sis." He said before breaking the hug,

"I'm not going to call you bro." I laughed before me and Grayson swapped places. I spoke to Harper and he spoke with Ethan.

"I'm so glad you came!" I said to her with a giant hug,

"I can't believe you got married! This is crazy!" he exclaimed and then passed her son over to Jack so she could give me a proper hug.

"I didn't realise that Gray would invite you." I said happily,

"not just me." She said as he pointed over to my friends who were sitting there waving and blowing kisses.

The benches were then accompanied by some tables as everything was rearranged.

I ran over to my friends and we all had a massive group hug after Grayson rushed after me and joined,

"you got married!" Chloe exclaimed... "is the other one still free?" she laughed and Grayson burst out laughing,

"it sucks that we can't drink," Emily said to the two of us,

"sorry babe," I said to her as I shrugged,