Day 49

When God gives you rules it's for your own good. However if you're like me you want to resist the people telling you what to do just because you don't like to be ordered around. You do things your way even if it's harder or less profitable. You have an irrational dislike of anyone who corrects you or tells you to do something different. God has a completely different way of doing things. He wants us to embrace teaching because we aren't an expert on everything and even experts miss things. Someone should get on to you and stop you from continually messing before the problem gets worse or causes more trouble.

Today I playing tennis and I was winning by a lot and one of the coaches walked in to talk to me. She told me to adjust something and I was really mad at her, it was something I don't really pay attention to and it wasn't making me lose. I hated her telling me what to do when I was obviously doing fine. When I cooled down a bit I realized she was just trying to help and her tip would could be game changing when I got a harder opponent. It didn't stop me from being angry and I remembered what the bible said about being rebuked. It just made me realize how much work I still have to get to the person I'm supposed to be. It's going to be hard but nothing worthwhile in life is ever easy.